Getting back the control!

2lb down from yesterday (afternoon so not accurate). I'll take yesterday as my staying weight after the scales kerfuffle. My stomach definitely feels flatter though but I also think I've been bloated for ages so it'll just be that I think. I like it though! Comfortably in my size 14 jeans which were too tight a couple of weeks ago. And they're freshly washed!

Perhaps I am in ketosis already. Not hungry, funny taste in mouth, had a terrible sleep last night! I didn't think it would happen so soon!
Usually takes 2-3 days to get into ketosis. Those strip tests aren't reliable. . Some of us are more sensitive to carbs than others - and need less than 20g a day.

Definitely measure yrself - waist (& maybe hips, below bra band and chest, and even thighs, calves and upper arms if you like detail). Sometimes you'll loose inches rather than lbs! So the jeans test is a great one. My 22 tesco jeans are looser at the waist already - but still not on the thighs. Slightly annoying as I have to hoick them up......Grrr!!!

Oh I feel you. I'm all thighs!! Bought some size 12 eBay bargains today. Aspiration! Wasn't brave enough to attempt jeans though.

Where is this lack of hunger I've had all weekend... I'm ravenous!! Had butterscotch delight for breakfast, Indian curry for lunch (yum). Holding out til 5pm for dinner and then having a chocolate bar standing by whilst watching bake off tonight. Downing water like there's no tomorrow to keep me full but it's not working!

First food failure. Cheese and bacon breakfast eggs = inedible. I said I'd eat unexciting food but I just can't manage that!! Thank goodness I only ordered three packets!
oh i had that once. such an odd meal that is!

Welcome on here and very much good luck, it seems you've had a great start already :)

I'm really enjoying it! Struggling a bit some days getting all four meals in. But I really like making my own food decisions! Going on holiday a week tomorrow so will relax a bit but not going to go crazy! Watch this space!

Well I'm no lighter than I was a couple of days ago but I'm staying on it so I know those numbers will go down soon! This morning I felt awful: shakes, palpitations, confusion... I've been feeling really discombobulated the last couple of days. I might switch to the Flexi plan as I don't want to feel ill by doing this. We shall see 😇

Well I'm no lighter than I was a couple of days ago but I'm staying on it so I know those numbers will go down soon! This morning I felt awful: shakes, palpitations, confusion... I've been feeling really discombobulated the last couple of days. I might switch to the Flexi plan as I don't want to feel ill by doing this. We shall see 😇
Hey Oodles - I was feeling the same way when I first started the whole Exante, 100% TS thing. Since then I've started to take supplements every morning (taking some multivitamins with iron and some calcium with vit D every morning) and I also (sometimes) upped my calorie intake with additional protein/veg. Both these things have helped me, not sure which one to which extent, but you could try upping your calories a bit I think. Take care and feel better soon.

Last edited:
Well I'm in wetherspoons! Had the pulled chicken salad, which with dressing is 400 cals. But I only ate the chicken, cucumber and lettuce. Left the bacon, dressing, tomato, onion and avocado. Was delicious! Also am on my second cider. Out of ketosis but still under 1000 cals for the day!

Increase yr salt and check out "keto flu" on google. If no better within 24 hours go to the doc - as heart arrythymia is a thing occasionally on vlcds. take care of yrself - and easy on those ginseccos!

Well I had a weekend off plan but actually yesterday I did stay under 800 cals, just with real food - eggs, veggies, yoghurt. My flat stomach has gone now though... Back on it today! I think drinking loads of water helps with the flat stomach so I was a bit down on that yesterday. All about the water and black coffee today!

Well I had a weekend off plan but actually yesterday I did stay under 800 cals, just with real food - eggs, veggies, yoghurt. My flat stomach has gone now though... Back on it today! I think drinking loads of water helps with the flat stomach so I was a bit down on that yesterday. All about the water and black coffee today!
Hi Oodles - interesting that you're saying that. Do you find that 'normal food' although it's keto makes it difficult at all to lose/makes you a bit more bloaty? As I started to combine things a bit to replace exantes in the day with eggs, low fat bacon, veg.... but it seems that it's not working as well as just sticking to exantes.....not sure though!

Or maybe it's the lower BMI? Or the alcohol, as you've had some also....I'm sure which one I want to control first, but if it's the lower BMI, then I'm worried it's going to get more difficult as I progress and that's not something I'm looking forward to...

I honestly don't know, it happens all the time. I used to think I had an intolerance due to all the bloating but I only ever ate good food. Tried a low fodmap diet for a while and took friendly bacteria but it didn't make much difference. This weekend I think it might have just been portion size!! I ate veg for tea but a lot of it! So yesterday I had real food for dinner but a lot less: one egg, a few mushrooms and 1/4 aubergine. Let's see if this makes a difference!

Back