Getting back to where I was....then we'll see

xKiKix

So.....I seem to have been on a constant diet for about the last six years. Last year, however, was when something just seemed to click, and I managed to lose about 3, 3 and a half stone, largely through stress and being extremely careful (read: obsessive) with what I ate, as well as keeping myself on track by weighing myself multiple times throughout the day. By June 2010 I was down to 133lbs, and I managed to stick to that weight, albeit with difficulty, for a good few months.

However, since December, a combination of factors (finishing uni and starting an office job which involves being sat at a desk all day, plus Christmas!) have meant that I've put on about 9/10 lbs, which I can really see when I look in the mirror. I still wasn't even near to being happy with my weight at 9stone7lbs, and now at just over 10stone I'm looking a lot chunkier.

So what do I need to do now? I need to get back on it, big time. I've not used this website before but I think posting a daily food diary where other people can see it will really help. I use the 'my fitness pal' app on my phone to keep track of how many calories I eat during the day, but I think I'll definitely benefit from knowing that other people can see what I've been eating and judge me if I'm eating badly!

My main goal at the moment is to get back down to 133lbs, then to see how it goes from there. I've come up with a few rules, which I'm sure I'll add to as I go along:

* No eating after 7:30pm
* As little wheat as possible
* At least five portions of fruit & veg per day
* Always have something for breakfast to kick start the old metabolism
*1200 calories max per day
* Fit in some sort of exercise everyday, even if it's just a half-hour walk
* As little coffee as possible

That's all I can think of at the moment....bring it on!!

Last edited:
Today was day 1.....I weighed in at 10stone2lbs this morning. Food-wise, I don't think I did too badly; I wouldn't say what I ate was particularly fantastic but I kept below 1200 calories and I got my five-a-day. I think for the next couple of days I just need to focus on getting used to eating fewer calories than I have been recently, so I'm mainly going to focus on my calorie count, then start looking at tweaking what I eat - I definitely need to sort out my sweet tooth!! I was also proud of the fact that I managed to go down to the pub but stuck to a couple of diet cokes, no alcohol :)

Breakfast: Porridge, blueberries
Lunch: Small piece of steak with fat trimmed off, cucumber, mushrooms, asparagus, skinny cow ice lolly
Dinner: 1/2 can of potato and leek soup, small spring roll, asparagus
Snacks: 'Eat Natural' cereal bar, 'Options' Hot chocolate, treatsize box of mini smarties.

Total Calories: 1195

Exercise: I wasn't particularly active today, but I did about 90mins of walking which is better than nothing I guess.

^^ Thanks guys :)

So this morning I weighed in at 10stone1lb. Today was....okay-ish. I massively need to sort out the amount of sweet stuff I'm eating at the moment, but I think I'm gunna give it a few more days, just so I can get back into the swing of calorie counting first :)

Today I ate....

Breakfast: Porridge (made with water) and salad
Lunch: Chicken and mushrooms, skinny cow mint ice lolly
Dinner: A tonne of broccoli with some ham and a bit of light mayo
Snacks: My downfall - low cal hot chocolate with a couple of rich tea finger biscuits, 2 treatsize boxes of mini smarties, yogurt-coated raisins.

So all of that came in at a total of 1214 calories....14 calories more than the amount I want to be eating at most, so I definitely need to cut down on the sugary snacks. On the plus side though, I went out for a walk for an hour and a half, so hopefully that will have burned some calories!

Tomorrow I definitely don't want to be going over the 1200 calorie mark. Luckily I'm working all day and being on the phone all day for my job leaves me with very little time to eat....my downfall is usually getting home at about 7pm starving and eating whatever I can lay my hands on!! But I've got a good feeling about tomorrow, and I really want to get below 10stone by the end of this week, so I'm gunna try my best :)

Thanks Liisa :)

Today's been a good day....I ate less calories than I'd planned to, mainly because I ended up working through my lunch break so just ate a bit of fruit and a cereal bar for lunch:

Breakfast: Small bowl of rice krispies with a drop of milk
Lunch: Blueberries and cantaloupe, kelloggs fibre plus bar
Dinner: 1/2 can of soup, cucumber slices, couple of slices of ham, 25g yogurt-coated raisins
Snacks: Options low-cal hot chocolate and rich tea finger biscuit

So this totalled up at 686 calories....I might have a yogurt or a piece of fruit later but I'm not massively hungry to be honest, think I'll leave it. My walk to and from work was about 45-50 minutes, so all in all a good day. Now I'm just gunna snuggle up in my pjs in front of the tv and wait for glee to be on, love it :)

Thanks deadteddys :)

Sooo, today was pretty similar to yesterday, worked through my lunchbreak and ended up eating less calories than I'd ideally like to be eating but I'm not gonna beat myself up about that!! I know I shouldn't be weighing myself everyday but I find it motivates me, so I was happy to weigh in at 10stone exactly today...

Breakfast: 1/2 can of soup
Lunch: Melon, blueberries, 25g yogurt-coated raisins, treatsize box of mini smarties
Dinner: 1/2 can of soup, bagged salad, raw mushroom, cucumber
Snacks: Alpen light bar, low-cal hot chocolate, 3 rich tea finger biscuits

....So I worked out that comes to 680 cals in total....I definitely wouldn't say I've had the healthiest day ever, but it could've been worse! I'm gunna try and do some exercise later, I got a lift to work today so I've only done about 15mins walking. Now I just need to find myself a nice dress for my friend's engagement party in a few weeks time - that's definitely motivating me to lose a bit of weight!!

So....not the healthiest day today, but not too bad:

Breakfast: Mullerlight yogurt, fibre plus cereal bar
Lunch: Apple, 25g yogurt raisins, alpen light cereal bar
Dinner: Chicken and mushrooms, brussels sprouts
Snacks: White coffee with sugar, 2 rich tea finger biscuits, treatsize box of mini smarties

All in all it's come to 947 calories, with about half an hour's walk. Did another cheeky weigh-in this morning and came in at 9stone12lbs, which was nice to see :)

So the last week or so was all about getting used to fewer calories and using up the food I had in the house....now I need to sort out what I'm actually eating. I've been reading all about good carbs and bad carbs, protein, good fats and bad fats, eating every 3 hours etc etc etc, and I've devised a new diet to try for the next few weeks (hopefully!), I've just done the healthiest food shop ever, virtually nothing processed at all!

So far today I've had:
Breakfast: A small serving of oats and dried fruit soaked in water overnight, served with low fat natural yogurt
Snack: 12 cashew nuts
Lunch: Wholemeal weightwatchers pitta with ham, light cream cheese, light mozzarella and lots of cucumber and tomato, with a little bit of granola (the one unhealthy thing I bought when I did my food shopping - it tastes amazing so I'm going to have to be very restrained!)

By my calculations that comes to about 700calories in total, and I'm planning on having steamed fish and veg for dinner, plus a ryvita with a scraping of peanut butter if I need a snack, so I should be just under my 1200 calorie limit by the end of the day. I'm feeling good about this, so hopefully I'll be able to stick to it and start seeing some results :D

Back