Getting Complacent :(

212degrees

112lbs lost - 28 to go!
I have just over a stone left to lose til i hit my target but after my planned week off i have really struggled to get back to being on CD. It's not so much that i don't want to or that i have been stuffing my face with junk or anything, it's more that i have now lost 8 stone since my heaviest and finally am beginning to acept the fact i'm not a size 22 anymore. I feel so much more confident and happier but i do still want to reach my goal. My BMI is only just over 25 so i'm attempting to SS for one last week to make a dent and undo any damage i may have done and then move up to 810 and so on. I'm just kinda worried as i am still so set on getting to my goal but i don't feel the sense of urgency i did before but again i don't want to spend another however many months and money on getting this last stone off! I'm so close but my mind is already telling me i've achieved what i set out to do and the praise from friends, family and work collegues for how well i have done is reinforcing this semi-dangerous mind set.

Has anyone else had this, particularly when your within reach of your goal? how do you get through it?! Any advice would really be appreciated as i want to see this through to the end.

Thanks! x

I found myself in exactly the same place !! I lost 6.5 stone , but suddenly couldnt stick to CD anymore :( I had 1.5 stone to go to goal and just found that I lost the determination I had to begin with . I made the decision to stop CD and start on slimming world , as it was always my plan to eat SW way for life to maintain .. I have lost another 1/2 stone so far on SW and am enjoying the plan a lot , although I wish I could have stuck to CD to et to goal .. it was beginning to make me ill .. so I did what was right for me :)

You have lost a huge amount of weight and maybe its time for you to go up to 810 or even try something new .. i hope you find the motivation to carry on

thanks for the reply. I had moved up to the 810 plan but had a hen weekend away and few other things so took a week off which then went on to 2 weeks. I figured to get myself back into the right mind frame and to make the most of the last opportunity of being allowed to SS before my BMI meant i couldn't i decided to do a week SS then back up to 810 and start to move through the plans. It's just so frustrating being so close. I had intended when i started to do what you did and switch to SW for my last stone but i really want to see this through. however if it gets to the point where i just can't do it anymore (or can't afford to with all the price increases recently) i m ay try and loose my last 5-7lbs on SW but will wait and see.

Think i just need to get my head back in the game to get that last bit off - i've coped so far without any problems so it kinda suck s i'm running into them now and not when i'm say 7lbs away from goal! oh well, weigh in on friday. I'll be strong til then and then hopefully the scales will motivate me for the next week and so on til goal! :)

just be careful hun!

I was exactly the same and although i promised myself i would never go back to my old eating habits, but i thought i was infalable and would never get fat again!
2 stone ON later, and im back on the 1000 cal plan to get back to where i was a year ago!

getting to that goal is so achievable right now!
I know your at a point where your so much happier with your figure, and so "not eating" is getting harder and harder as the motivation is dropping off with the pounds....so if necessary, move up to the 1000 cal plan...but dont walk away hun!

This weight loss is a right old tricky game, and one that will take a while to get your head round, but working through the plans and stopping yourself from getting even more complacent is the way forward hun

xxx

Thanks, i really want to work through the plans and see this through because i don't want to return to my old habits. I never want to go back to the way i was and as i wasn't much of a comfort eater it was more social eating and drinking i just need to keep things in check. I'm going to continue to weigh in with my CDC when i have reached my goal of 10st 10lbs and have set myself a limit of 11st - if i find that i am creeping up 11st is my red line to pull my eating back in. I need to give myself boundaries and i think this will work for me. if not then i will adapt. It's just so nice to know i'm not the only one that has struggled with the last bit and that i'm not a failure if that makes sensse :)

Back