Getting Irritated.

if it's any consolation, I lost 8.5lbs the first week, 1lb the second week ( and I ate the exact same as the first week.. ) and then 8.5lbs the 3rd week..
the second week my body was panicking that there was no food around i think, but after the 3rd week of the new healthy diet it calmed down a bit..

I am a veggie too, and do 100% green days, no point in doing EE or red.
I find planning is the key to this diet. I plan all my meals a week in advance, on a sunday ready for tescos shop on monday. I will do a stock check of what i have in the cupboards/fridge/freezer, and tailor meals around stuff i still have. some weeks are expensive, when i have run out of stock cupboard stuff. This week i spent a fortune, BUT i re stocked on lots of stuff that we use that was all on offer, so i saved £30 on offers this week!
when i actully break it down ( excluding stuff like cat food/washing powder etc off the bill) and then divide it up between the number of meals a week for 3 of us, it works out at £1.50 ish a head a meal. not bad really and we eat some l-u-s-h- food.
Be creative, look up recipes for the things you love and tweak them SW style, once you get the hang of the plan its a doddle.
here is my recipe thread with lots of easy recipes and pictures too
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/173489-honeys-recipes.html

I'm all on green and what i do is on a saturday go to the market big bags of veggies for a quid and thats pepers, tomato, aubergines, chili, garlic ginger and many others then go home make meals sauces or soups and freeze things down. so its there when i need itl

I spend about 20 quid at the market(or thats what i spent on sat) and its done me for a ton of meals all i need to reallypick up are canned good such as lentils and chickpeas, but tbh you can save even more if your can prepare them fromdried

I'm a veggie too and I only do green days. This gives me a lot more freedom and choice in the foods I eat. SW is definitely about planning and a lot more cooking from scratch but like the other guys have already said, cook a batch of something then freeze it or use it in different ways. I made spinach and ricotta pasta last week. I had it the first day hot straight after I had cooked it. The next day I had it cold with some salad. The third day I blitzed it up a bit and used it to make stuffed peppers. I'd definitely recommend getting the 100 green days recipe book as that has loads of inspiration. SW mag is good too. A lot of SW recipes can easily be adapted for veggies by swapping the meat for quorn alternative or just leaving the meat out all together. One recipe that is in the mag this month is Tuscan tomato sauce. The recipe has it with pasta but I shall make a big batch of the sauce then I can have it with pasta one night, with quorn fillets and chips another, on top of a jacket potato etc.

I too lost a big number in my first week and only lost half a pound the second week. My consultant has told me not to get down about it but to keep with it and the plan will work.

xxx

i am planning to attempt to get more adventurous with my cooking. I did my first ever home made soup today, I only made a small batch, enough for a filling lunch as it was an experiment...turned out quite tasty....will make again.

I even bought some of that quark stuff today that I literally had never heard of until SW, got to think of some things to do with that. I'm finding Green better than E/E (obviously I never even bothered to think of doing red haha) I like having that extra A&B as well. I'm just going to see how it goes really.

Got WI tomorrow (Wednesday) and I'm absolutely terrified that the scales will not be my friend again....regardless of the fact I'm being ever such a good girl.

Good luck with weigh in and I hope it all get easier as you get to know it. I have to agree with the 'planners' I plan every week after weigh in for the following week, it keeps me going if I don't have to obsess about what I can have and it keeps costs down!

Good luck with your weigh in today x

Don't be disheartened by the weight STS because weightloss seems to be alot greater in the first week (for some people) and then will average out over the following weeks. 8lbs is a great loss and if averaged over the two weeks 4lbs a week is a brilliant loss!
Good luck with your weigh in today!

sometimes your weight is best looked at over 4 week periods. It took me 4 weeks to loose 8lbs at 2lbs a week, which i was more than happy with. Even if you were to STS for the next 2 WI's, thats still the same net weight lost over the same time frame, just you lost 8 in one go. Its reconmended to lose at a rate of 2lbs a week ( so 8lbs in 4 is just normal and good and healthy)

Everyone is different, and it will take a few weeks to get to know your body and what works for you. some people find bread, even on plan, just doesnt help them lose. Its trial and error and every 'trial' takes at least a week.
So keep mixing it up, keep a food diary here, and at the end of the week post what happened at WI. then you can look back, see what you cut out, see what you added in differently, what makes the difference TO YOU.
SW really isnt a diet, its a healthy eating plan, with a side effect of losing excess weight :)
It does just need a re think on what foods you class as 'yummy' as the old foods that are indeed yummy are the ones that got anyone to carrying more weight than they liked........... for me its bread..... bought a bread maker in 2009 and on piled the weight, wasn't eating unhealthily, just cooking in oil, butter and thick slices of home made bread toast for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and toast as a evening snack!, chocolate and crisps etc, not to extreme, but more than i needed and on piled 2 1/2 stone!. but its ALLLLLLLLLLL gone now, bar a pesky 2lbs still from xmas which i have bounce around for 2 weeks! so i am changing what i have for a few weeks, different brekkie, more fruit, making superfree soups to have as snacks etc.

Good luck with your weigh-in, MissUno! :)

Back