Getting married 11 June 2011

2.5 pound off yesterday, was hoping for more but still pleased with it.

Had a nice (not SW) lunch out with OH but then straight back on the wagon.

Enjoying level 3 of the shred, feel proper sick after doing it each time though.

Am looking for next DVD to do, any ideas, want something short like shred cos sometimes do it before I go to work. How long is Gunnar? have lost more inches off upper legs but really struggling to lose ab fat, think I might have to just live with my bingo wings though.

We were told the other night we couldn't have sky lanterns at wedding cos someone set them off when it was too windy and someone got burned so we're going to do a balloon release, found a really good local shop, quite cheap too, hopefully it'll make a lovely photo opp, as long as he gets it first time lol.

Well done on loss, I got two Gunnar DVDs - 25min and 45min. Only done it once so can't comment but core is best abs workout from past experience and my fiancé loves plank and his abs are great. Having bad week and ate a brownie, feeling really low hoping weekend will revive me. Don't let anyone become a social worker it's awful!

bless you Elz, being a social worker seems an awful job, there's only so much you can do and there must be so much red tape.

Its only a brownie, keep telling yourself that. Hope you're having a great. motivational, restful weekend xx

Thanks Kerry it is the most stressful job and we were overworked before the cuts now it's bordering on ridiculous. And with further redundancies ahead people are all covering their own backs and delegating things down.....the worst thing is I feel trapped as oh has set up self employed and is earning very little in comparison to me. Without my money I'm not sure we could've paid for the wedding. I was trying to hang in there for the maternity leave money as feel that I have earnt it, but this week I was so annoyed I was thinking how can I get out! unfortunately we live in east Kent and there's not masses of jobs and London is too far away for a reasonable commute (especially as we are hoping to start a family after wedding). I think I'll probably end up retraining but at the moment I'm just going to sit tight for as long as I can...!
Hope your weekend is relaxing and going well sw wise? I don't seem to be losing anything but have started the same DVD as Liz that Gunnar one. I seem to have a more painful backside than abs though!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for your comforting words Kerry x

Its an awful feeling being trapped into a job, just remember its only a job though and you can only do what you can do. I thinks its great you're being so supportive of OHs enterprise, and you're both very brave to set up, what kind of work does he do?

I know for sure we'd not have been able to pay for our wedding if I hadn't been earning what I earn and doing an extra 12 hour shift every week. Even worse I keep thinking for the money we've spent we could have had the roof and the bathroom done..... then I feel bad for thinking that.

Been working all weekend so not much relaxing, did watch the whole eurovision song contest last night - still can't understand how Moldova with their rubbish song and weird hats and unicycle girl got more than Blue and jedward - bah to the lot of them.

Big hugs xx

Lol yeah I don't get it either. OMG I feel the same we could've had some more towards house deposit. Thanks I know he must be really thankful I can support him
In some ways. Although male pride is a bit dented I think. He's an electrician but he's a bit under confident so he struggles to put himself out there.....at times it's like encouraging a child.....but he works hard. Eventually I hope to be able to be a full time mum but think might always have to work in some ways. Bless you I work Saturday's, 2-3 a month for extra money too it's hard but wedding and honeymoon be worth it for all of us!
No one has said where they are going for honeymoon? :) need to focus on the positive just made a nice smoothie to start off the day.....thanks for your support x

Aww Elz, hope you're feeling okay today. Bad days at work are hard if you feel trapped. You're doing a great job, but it must be thankless at times.

Kerry - well done on the loss! Shame about the sky lanterns. Our venue is the same, but nice idea.

Had a lovely weekend with OH's Dad meeting my Parents, but we ate a lot and drank. Thankfully had been really good all week with food and exercise, so I just STS and think it will be water weight.
Am sticking to pure shakes this week until next Thursday when I go for final fitting and can't lose anymore. Hoping to get into the 11s.

Liz I got the Gunnar DVD but it seems to be working my arms more than abs it feels like....I'm so desperate to get into 11s too I'm stuck at 12st 3ish! How have u found it? I'm starting to feel slimmer in general except my bloody abs. I am bit better in mood thanks :) someone else been signed off sick but it's Tuesday tomorrow and they're always better than Monday's!

Where's everyone going on honeymoon? X

Morocco for us for a week, never been, PH hasn't been anywhere overseas so probably be a HUGE culture shock for him, but I'll take good care of him.

Anyone else had their passport changed into their married name?

Liz sounds like you're well sorted STS after a good weekend, It's my hen do on Sat, sis has dropped me in it, and has decided to go to her friends retirement do, never mind, all my great friends are coming so we'll have a fab time.

Awww sorry to hear that Kerry! Sure you'll have a great time anyway. I'm going to change mine when I get back I think as OH booked flights and hotel in maiden name haha too late to worry about that now as can't change flights easily.

Another wedding related question if u dont mind - are u planning on wearing engagement ring with wedding band or band alone.,....my engagement ring is a weird shape so was thinking of wearing on a different finger maybe....all the decisions!
:)

have just put my engagement ring in ot the jewellers to be cleaned and re rhodiumed ( white gold) will be wearing it on the day and forever after, will wear it on a different finger until after the ceremony then together I think.

OOOOOHHHHHH it all very exciting!!

I might permanently wear mine on a different finger as nothing fits with it and it's also too big now I've lost weight......x

Am doing same as you Kerry, different finger than put it on over wedding ring on day. Can't wait to wear wedding ring.

Sorry about your Sister. Shame really, but glad all your friends will be there.

Elz I found I changed position slightly the more I did Gunnar, so the more I got used to it. Probably improving position and then felt it more in abs, but felt it in bum and arms a lot too.

I'm stuck in 12s too and only have 1 more week of dieting before I'm not allowed to lose more. Doing shakes to try and get right down. So want to see 11 something on those scales!

I feel your pain I'm stuck in 12s and am so stressed at work I'm struggling with exercise because I'm so tired when I get in. I think I might be positioning wrong cos my back hurts today! X

lost another 3 pounds today, got my 1.5 stone award woop woop, well pleased with that, wasn't expecting it.

Going to have to be careful now that I don't drop below what will be acceptable for my dress. have another fitting on Tuesday night so will see how the land lies.

have been thinking today about having some beauty treatments before the big day, want to body scrub, facial, manicure with gel polish and a pedicure - but how expensive - then had a brainwave, can have the scrub and facial done at local college for muchly reduced price then have nails and brows done at a proper salon the day before - voila £50 saved!!

happy with that :)

hows it going with you all?

Well done that's brilliant. I'm undecided on beauty stuff still got ages! Colleges are great I get hair done there sometimes x

Not long now for you girlies.........everything sorted? How's the diets going, guess you're on maintenance now as you've had final dress fittings? X

yup will be discussing maintenance with SW consultant today, fitting tonight.

Have ordered jewellery for me and bridesmaid. Everything booked, money in bank to pay for it. All good to go.

Just need to go out and buy some new clothes for honeymoon :) size 14 for me now, whoop whoop!

I am really pleased but now worried in case I lose more weight and my dress won't fit, its perfect just now but defo can't afford to lose anymore.

But will be getting straight back on to it after the wedding, think I'd like to drop another stone before my 40th Birthday in sept. then I'll be at target :)

Back