Getting married in May 2013?

Also I'm trying on my first wedding dresses there, I've been engaged for 5 months and not been in a single bridal shop - are there medals for that?! I've lost 2.5 stone since I had my diamond ring so hoping to look good in a dress, I will however look even better after I shift the next 2!

My personal trainer changed my gym programme yesterday it was so painful I was nearly sick but its going to sculpt my body to near perfection (I hope anyway).

Also found a gorgeous photographer Robin, his company is called Bullit photography. His photos are art, incredible! Also found cake lady and possibly the wedding car and that's about it. Ooo and my colour theme is navy and pink.

How are you blushing brides doing? What are your colour themes? I'm so excited today, somebody indulge me with wedding goss .........

Xoxo

Woohoo my wedding venue has confirmed for 27th April next year hooray!! Now when I go to the national wedding show next Saturday I can start booking things YAY Xx

I'm going on Friday!

Also I'm trying on my first wedding dresses there, I've been engaged for 5 months and not been in a single bridal shop - are there medals for that?! I've lost 2.5 stone since I had my diamond ring so hoping to look good in a dress, I will however look even better after I shift the next 2!

My personal trainer changed my gym programme yesterday it was so painful I was nearly sick but its going to sculpt my body to near perfection (I hope anyway).

Also found a gorgeous photographer Robin, his company is called Bullit photography. His photos are art, incredible! Also found cake lady and possibly the wedding car and that's about it. Ooo and my colour theme is navy and pink.

How are you blushing brides doing? What are your colour themes? I'm so excited today, somebody indulge me with wedding goss .........

Xoxo

I've been engaged for coming up to 3 years (in July) and will be going to my first bridal shop to try on some dresses on the 23rd (unless I feel brave at the show)... So sorry, think I get the record lol.

I did a photography degree so know a few photographers, just need to sort on out. Cake I'm doing myself and OH's dad has 2 classic cars that him and his twin brother have used for weddings, they are beautiful so that saves me some hassle!

I'm toying with two colour schemes atm, either turquoise with accents of hot pink or more pastel versions... not sure yet.

Have been trying to calm things down and pace myself a bit as I still have ages to go and think OH is scared lol

3stonetosexy said:
Woohoo my wedding venue has confirmed for 27th April next year hooray!! Now when I go to the national wedding show next Saturday I can start booking things YAY Xx

Congratulations on setting a date! How the planning can start, and another big congratulations for loosing so much weight already, does your ring still fit? Do fingers get slim too? Lol

Bet you can't wait to try a dress on...I made first appointment today for 16th June so feels very real.

ellen83 said:
I'm going on Friday!

I've been engaged for coming up to 3 years (in July) and will be going to my first bridal shop to try on some dresses on the 23rd (unless I feel brave at the show)... So sorry, think I get the record lol.

I did a photography degree so know a few photographers, just need to sort on out. Cake I'm doing myself and OH's dad has 2 classic cars that him and his twin brother have used for weddings, they are beautiful so that saves me some hassle!

I'm toying with two colour schemes atm, either turquoise with accents of hot pink or more pastel versions... not sure yet.

Have been trying to calm things down and pace myself a bit as I still have ages to go and think OH is scared lol

3 years! Def a record. Do you have a date set now?

Oh my colour scheme is all neutrals (cream, ivory, white) with champagne :)

3 years! Def a record. Do you have a date set now?

Oh my colour scheme is all neutrals (cream, ivory, white) with champagne :)

Yes, date is set for 5th July 2013. We only set it recently though. We weren't going to get married until after my partner had graduated Uni and been working a while... but I decided I was fed up of waiting lol.

Scheme sounds nice.

ellen83 said:
Yes, date is set for 5th July 2013. We only set it recently though. We weren't going to get married until after my partner had graduated Uni and been working a while... but I decided I was fed up of waiting lol.

Scheme sounds nice.

Ah that's nice. Good luck with planning and dieting :)

The ring still fits just about, keeps spinning around on my finger though! When I've lost another 2 stone I'll get it resized!!

I can't wait to start all the planning, my photographer is free for my date - woo hoo! I am thinking about what to do for the music in the evening? I might have a band for the first hour or so and then get a juke box with all the guests favourite songs on? The DJ's always annoy me at weddings, they talk far too much! Also wondering bout transport, been offered a Merc and nice audi's but I want either a gorgeous jag or a vintage car - been quoted £350 for a vintage car is that normal? Also how much are you paying for your cakes?

xxx

Im trying to lose wait for my wedding on 30th may 2013, 2 stone lost so far, another 3 to go.
Venues booked dress is bought, cake and room decs ordered still feel like loads to do though!! My colour scheme is cream and navy :)))

The ring still fits just about, keeps spinning around on my finger though! When I've lost another 2 stone I'll get it resized!!

I can't wait to start all the planning, my photographer is free for my date - woo hoo! I am thinking about what to do for the music in the evening? I might have a band for the first hour or so and then get a juke box with all the guests favourite songs on? The DJ's always annoy me at weddings, they talk far too much! Also wondering bout transport, been offered a Merc and nice audi's but I want either a gorgeous jag or a vintage car - been quoted £350 for a vintage car is that normal? Also how much are you paying for your cakes?

xxx

You're music plan sounds nice, we are having a DJ, not my dream choice but was included in the package we have and we are on a super tight budget. Am just going to warn him not to talk too much or he will feel the wrath of a bride.

My future FIL has two classic cars that are the same and have been painted the same so we will be using them (would be rude not to really lol). Not really sure how much it would cost to hire but would imagine it would depend on what type of car and for how long. My cake I will be doing myself as that is kinda my skills base anyway and would be too critical of anyone else's especially if I'd paid lol.

Im trying to lose wait for my wedding on 30th may 2013, 2 stone lost so far, another 3 to go.
Venues booked dress is bought, cake and room decs ordered still feel like loads to do though!! My colour scheme is cream and navy :)))

I've also lost 2 stone so far (well just over after tonight's WI), but have at least another 5 to go!!!

Making your own cake? Fab! Go you!! I could decorate cupcakes but would never manage a wedding cake, I can do small ones but I always mess up big cakes?! Although I did make a camera shaped cake for my dads 60th last year that was pretty cool!!

I'm trying on wedding dresses this Saturday - so excited. Since last summer I've lost 2.5 stone overall, can't believe it. Just thrown away all of my clothes from last year. Bye bye size 18 everything and all my size 16 tops. Now just working on getting rid of the size 16 jeans!! Can't wait. Although my pizza for tea won't help lol Xx

Making your own cake? Fab! Go you!! I could decorate cupcakes but would never manage a wedding cake, I can do small ones but I always mess up big cakes?! Although I did make a camera shaped cake for my dads 60th last year that was pretty cool!!

I'm trying on wedding dresses this Saturday - so excited. Since last summer I've lost 2.5 stone overall, can't believe it. Just thrown away all of my clothes from last year. Bye bye size 18 everything and all my size 16 tops. Now just working on getting rid of the size 16 jeans!! Can't wait. Although my pizza for tea won't help lol Xx

I'm looking to start up a bit of a cake business when my boys are a bit older (ie when I get a bit more time). I have got some CRAZY ideas on the go already and can't wait to start... have a while yet lol but will have some practice runs as have some new techniques to master first.

The camera cake sounds fab.

I'm off to the wedding show in Birmingham on Friday and then next Friday I am trying some dresses on, only to have a bit of a girlie time as a local shop is having a 'plus size' bridal day. I have explained that I'm not planning on being plus sized for my big day but figure after being engaged for almost 3 years it's about time I at least tried some dresses on. I can't wait. I have lost just over 2st since Dec but still have a lot to go but have already gone down from a size 24/26 to 22 not far off 20... which I'm so happy with. I will get to under 16st by July this year which will be size 16/18 and then we'll take it from there as the last time I was a 14 was when I was about 14 so am VERY excited!!!! Can't wait to ditch all my clothes 18 and above... just a few more months! lol

Omg that's a lot of weight off since December. You must be like super woman on this diet!! Teach me the ways!! Ul have to let me know if there's anything I shouldn't miss at the wedding show as I don't go until Saturday but I'm so excited!!

Xx

Omg that's a lot of weight off since December. You must be like super woman on this diet!! Teach me the ways!! Ul have to let me know if there's anything I shouldn't miss at the wedding show as I don't go until Saturday but I'm so excited!!

Xx

It's an average of about 2lbs a week. Not doing anything special really, just following extra easy. I am bigger too so the weight will come off easier if that makes sense?

I will try and get on to let you know things not to miss but not sure how easy I'm going to find it as having to take my youngest with me too... not ideal but as I'm travelling so far had to bring him as he's breastfed. I'm super excited too!

He is 11 months, only managed 10 months breastfeeding with my first as had to return to work.

My eldest has just turned 3 but will be staying with his dad whilst I go do girlie things lol. Who are you going to the show with?

My mum, my sister (maid of honour) and my best friend (bridesmaid). Should be a good day. You're brave going to such a big event with a baby, I love children so much and can't wait to have one, but it seems so hard - everything you do depends upon them x x

Didn't try any dresses on unfortunately as it was very chaotic and my little man was very clingy, plus have a booking at a shop on Friday! The show was OK. Not really sure what I expected but was possibly a bit disappointed, there were some super friendly people there though and I enjoyed it but didn't find it amazingly helpful if that makes sense, although have found a style of shoe I like lol. Did you find anything?

Back