Getting my groove back and shedding 5 stones

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
Good afternoon all,

I’m no stranger to minis, I’ve previously used these boards to shift my weight at least twice.

I had great success with Exante about 9 years ago and I absolutely loved the structure and routine of it. Unfortunately I steadily put my weight back on and around 3 years ago I re-lost a large chunk of weight with cambridge diet. Both plans great. Both plans work. I’m not here to pick holes in either of them. Weight loss is a mind battle. Once you have control of your thought processes it really is a doddle, that’s not undermining the struggles we all face with losing weight. I’ve had huge mind battles with dealing with my own weight struggles. But I’m not happy being overweight. I don’t like the way I feel in my clothes, I don’t like my eating habits, I don’t like the fact that I’ve alienated myself from people who knew me when I was ‘slimmer’ through shame and embarrassment. I don’t like my mood swings and self criticism.
I know how in control and healthy I feel when I am following a vlcd, I like the feeling of positivity and that I’m doing something good for myself.
I’m done with hating myself. I deserve better.
I have just bought a groupon deal of Exante products but am currently using up the last few cambridge shakes I have left. My plan is to follow the Man Plan, like I did previously. I loved it, I have so many great memories of being on it and feeling great.
So there it is.
My weight this morning was 15st 6.5 pounds
I would love to be around 10.5

And under 10 stone would be a dream

I

Good luck dreamingmaid, I know how you feel about alienating yourself from people who knew you when you were slimmer, I’ve also dropped out of a number of social engagements as I’m unhappy with my size which is one of my motivators too to get back in shape. Good luck on your journey and I wish you will power.

Good luck. Sounds like you’ve already won a sizeable chunk of the mental battle.

Thank you all so much for your welcome.
Day 1 done and dusted. Oddly enough I had the headache from hell from about 3pm which lasted all night. I went to bed at 8.30 and stayed there. Normally my headaches don’t tend to hit until day 3 so not sure why but it was that familiar vlcd headache

Much better this morning

So yesterday I split my shakes as I find it easier initially.
I had 1/2 vanilla, then 2 hours later I had 1/2 choc orange and repeated the process for the next 4 hours
3 1/2 litres of water and some coffee with skimmed milk throughout the day. Then I had oven baked salmon and green veg.
Then took a bar to bed with me and noshed it whilst I watched ‘Safe’ on Netflix.
My daughter had a friend over for a sleepover and I could hear them watching The Greatest Showwman until about midnight. Felt a bit bad leaving hubby to watch over the kids last night but I really felt so unwell with this headache and figured I’d soon be feeling great in a few days time so it was worth taking some time out to rest up.

Onto day 2 and feeling good.
😊

Hiiii and welcome. I totally agree about losing weight being about the mind as much as the body - and it sounds like you're in a really good place to succeed on a VLCD, so I am sending you all my best thoughts for strength and success!

I, too, have had done well on CWP previously and then put all the weight back on. At the time I just didn't understand VLCDs or myself well enough, I think. But my mindset this time round is totally different - i.e. I'm seeing the losing weight as only the first step (I know CWP literally calls it step one, so I don't know why I didn't clock that it was, y'know, step one) and the rest of my life as maintaining.

I'm also with you on the sense of social alienation. I don't know how much or how little the people close to you (general one, not you personally) judge you for being overweight but I've been socially withdrawn for such a long time. Even just having a lost a stone has made me a lot more confident and energetic. I voluntarily went shopping on Saturday - not for anything exciting, just a new washing up bowl (omg, my life is so glamorous) but a month ago I would never have voluntarily left the house on a Saturday.

I think I had one day of murderous headache - but it was ... 2 or 3, but maybe you've just got it out the way earlier. I tend to think that if you can get through the first week of a VLCD the rest is "easy". So well done on riding out your headache - hopefully smooth sailing from here.

Hiiii and welcome. I totally agree about losing weight being about the mind as much as the body - and it sounds like you're in a really good place to succeed on a VLCD, so I am sending you all my best thoughts for strength and success!

I, too, have had done well on CWP previously and then put all the weight back on. At the time I just didn't understand VLCDs or myself well enough, I think. But my mindset this time round is totally different - i.e. I'm seeing the losing weight as only the first step (I know CWP literally calls it step one, so I don't know why I didn't clock that it was, y'know, step one) and the rest of my life as maintaining.

I'm also with you on the sense of social alienation. I don't know how much or how little the people close to you (general one, not you personally) judge you for being overweight but I've been socially withdrawn for such a long time. Even just having a lost a stone has made me a lot more confident and energetic. I voluntarily went shopping on Saturday - not for anything exciting, just a new washing up bowl (omg, my life is so glamorous) but a month ago I would never have voluntarily left the house on a Saturday.

I think I had one day of murderous headache - but it was ... 2 or 3, but maybe you've just got it out the way earlier. I tend to think that if you can get through the first week of a VLCD the rest is "easy". So well done on riding out your headache - hopefully smooth sailing from here.

Thank you for your well wishes. I was reading your diary last night and was literally creased. You are so funny!
I’m glad you are in the zone with it. And you are totally right if you can do the first week the rest gets easier. It’s just a matter of time hey? It can certainly be monotonous at the best of times. Vlcd’s are the only diets that have ever worked for me.

Day 2 going well. Just about to go in for my next pack. Already 3 litres down and peeing like a garden sprinkler!
Got notification that my Exante products have arrived but I’m at work so I will look forward to opening the box tonight and having a good rummage. Wonder if the products taste like they used to 🤔

Enjoy your rummage.

I generally find most of the products pretty palatable, with a few exceptions. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you :)

Hi Dreamingmaid,

I’m following with interest. Love your positive outlook and the fact you have been so successful on this program.
I’ve been ‘half on, half off’ since early May and am 3 lbs away from a stone loss. As of today I’m going fully on plan armed with a mixture of Exante, Asda, Tesco and Atkins meal replacement products. I will do 4 a day.
👍🏼👍🏼

Whoa!! I could have written all that myself! Talk about mirror image.

So, how it going? You have been on it almost a week now, when do you weigh?

Back