Getting my sweet fix

mrsdixie

Hi, I have recently started SW and am happy on the plan. The only problem I am having is that in the evenings I really want a sugar fix. I'd really like to hear your low syn sugar fixes to give me an idea of what I can have. :)

Hi there,

Try and do a search on the Syn Value Section as there is bound to be a post on there to give you many ideas :)

Have a small piece of good dark chocolate! Sometimes nothing hits the spot like the real thing. I also love a hot chocolate using cocoa powder, HEA milk and sugar. Delicious and only 2.5 syns + HEA! Or a tub of 2% greek yogurt drizzled with 2 tsp honey, also 2.5 syns. I don't usually get serious sugar cravings as I still eat sugar, I just syn it. Sweeteners gives me a rash.

I have either a funsize packet of milky way magic stars (3.5 syns), maltesers (5.5 syns) or stir a sachet of highlights into fat-free greek yogurt (2 syns) - this one tastes so delish and naughty for just 2 syns!

I love the little boxes of Sula Natura boiled sweets, because they are so low in syns I know its not major damage if I scoff the lot!

Natura, Cappuccino Cream Sweets, Sugar Free, each ½
Natura, Caramel Cream Sweets, Sugar Free, 2 sweets 1
Natura, Fruit Mix Sweets, Sugar Free, 2 sweets ½
Natura, Strawberry Cream Sweets, Sugar Free, 2 sweets ½
Natura, Vanilla Mint Sweets, Sugar Free, 2 sweets ½

I love Mullerlight Toffee as its soooo sweet and they are free.

A sachet of sugar-free jelly crystals (Hartleys) is 2 syns. Make up as directed and divide it into four portions - half a syn each - and set in the fridge. Have one of these, with a Mullerlight or Activia Fat Free yogurt (both free).

Or - at the moment there are lovely big Navel oranges in the shops - very sweet and gorgeous!

Ossiero, where do you get those boiled sweets from? Not sure I have seen them before.

I've had them from all the main supermarkets, they are little boxes (smaller than a cigarette box but bigger than a matchbox!) that look like ....

Sula-Caramel.jpg

At Tesco you can get Ricola sugar free sweets. They are 6 syns for a box, and there are about 18 in a box.

There are various flavours, including lemon and mint, and cranberry, but my favourite is elderflower.

You won't usually find them with the sweets section of Tesco - they are with the cough remedies.

Back