Getting Somewhere Slowly!!!!

mistyangel

Silver Member
Thought I would start a food dairy as my weight loss has been slow and I also gained this week. Giving this plan one more week and will observe every element. Will post all that I have eaten to see if I am missing something or to see if I am going off track without realising it. Would appreciate any feedback or helpful advice. Started a new food diary yesterday so will start from there and post until my next WI.

Monday 29th October

Breakfast - 2 fried eggs in fry light/ 2 slices of wholemeal toast
Tea with milk

Lunch Salad with lettuce/tomatoes/cucumber/onion/mixed peppers and beetroot and 3 slices of roast beef slices

Dinner -Syn Free Home Made Vegetable Soup (3 Bowls)

Snacks Alpen Light Bar and Packet of Onion Ring Snacks

Drinks 8 glass of water with fresh lemon and lime

HEX A - Milk
hEX B 1 Slice of Wholemeal Bread

Syns Slice of Wholemeal bread (5 syns)
Alpen Light Bar 3 Syns
Onion Rings 4.5 syns

Total Syns 12.5

Tuesday 30th October

Breakfast
Baked Beans and 1 slice of wholemeal toast
Tea and Milk

Lunch
2 bowls of Syn Free Homemade Veg Soup

Dinner
Chicken Curry and Rice

6-8 glasses of water with lemon

HEX A Milk
Hex B Wholemeal Bread

Syns
Curry Paste 2.5 -3 syns

This is not a typical day usually have a lot more syns but pretty full with all the soup and curry!!

Wednesday 31st October

Breakfast
Omelette with mushroom, bacon and mixed peppers (fat removed from bacon and used fry light)
Tea

Lunch
Bowl of Syn Free Vegetable Soup

Dinner
Chicken Curry with Rice (curry paste 3 syns)

HEx A Milk
Hex B - none
Syns 3

Downloaded a walking App
4000 Steps (had a 2 mile walk, 120 calories lost)

Breakfast
Was not that hungry so just had 2 Alpen Light Bars (Hex B)
Tea with milk about 4 cups (milk Hex A)

Lunch
Salad with lettuce/tomato/cucumber/peppers/onion/pickled beetroot and a few slices of roast beef

Dinner
SW roasties steamed cabbage and gammon steaks
Bisto Gravy (4 syns)

Snack Packet of Onion Rings 4.5 syns

Total Syns 8.5 syns

Walked and did some household chores 5000 steps

Friday 2nd November

Breakfast
mushroom/ham/tomato omelette
Tea with Milk (HEX A)

Lunch
Salad/tomato/cucumber/onion/lettuce/peppers a few slices of chicken

Dinner
Salmon Fillet with cabbage and carrots black pepper and lemon

Snacks
Alpen Light Bar (HEX B)
Skips 17g x2
A few LC cheeses

4 mile walk 6000 steps
Syns 10

It looks like you are following it really well. I have done slimming world in the past and lost quite a bit on it. Some weeks I gained but I think it’s down to water retention. Also I think it depends when your class is, how much you’ve drunk during the day etc. One thing I did notice about your diary is you haven’t included many drinks. Drinking lots of water seems to boost weight loss. It gets rid of excess sodium ( was a nurse once - so a little knowledge.) Carry on the brilliant work. We’ll all get there! I’ll probably switch back to SW at some point!

It looks like you are following it really well. I have done slimming world in the past and lost quite a bit on it. Some weeks I gained but I think it’s down to water retention. Also I think it depends when your class is, how much you’ve drunk during the day etc. One thing I did notice about your diary is you haven’t included many drinks. Drinking lots of water seems to boost weight loss. It gets rid of excess sodium ( was a nurse once - so a little knowledge.) Carry on the brilliant work. We’ll all get there! I’ll probably switch back to SW at some point!

Thank You I do drink lots of water and add fresh lemon and/or lime just never remember to add and always forget to count how much I drink. I have always drunk lots of water so that has never been a hardship. I am slowly starting to identify triggers, I think I am eating too late in the evenings and I think I need to reduce the portions a bit and have slowly added a little bit more exercise. I will inevitably find a path that suits my body and needs. Just going to keep plugging away and see what happens and keep adapting until it feels right. Will pop by and see how you are getting on.

Friday 2nd November

Breakfast
mushroom/ham/tomato omelette
Tea with Milk (HEX A)

Lunch
Salad/tomato/cucumber/onion/lettuce/peppers a few slices of chicken

Dinner
Salmon Fillet with cabbage and carrots black pepper and lemon

Snacks
Alpen Light Bar (HEX B)
Skips 17g x2
A few LC cheeses

4 mile walk 6000 steps
Syns 10

After I posted this I still was not satisfied and felt really hungry, must have been the 4 mile walk and could not feel satisfied, so I ended up eating a slice of wholemeal bread which added as HEx B and syned the Alpen Light Bar, plus 2 LC cheeses. So total Syns was 13.

Saturday 3rd November

Breakfast
bacon and cheese sandwich
Fat removed, 2 LC cheese and 2 slices of wholemeal bread
Tea

Lunch
Large salad - Lettuce/tomato/cucumber/onion and a few chicken slices

Dinner
Paprika Chicken with Vegetable stir fry

20 minute brisk walk and household chores making a total of 6000 steps

HEX A 1 slice of w/m bread
Hex B Milk

Syns
2 LC cheeses 3 syn
1 slice of w/meal bread 5 syns
Total Syns 8
Drunk water throughout the day with a slice of fresh lime probably at least 8 glasses (always forget to count them)!

Sunday 4th November

Breakfast 1 slice of w/m toast and a few spoonfuls of baked beans
3/4 cups of tea

Lunch
Ham Omelette with side salad
Snack Alpen Light Bar

Dinner
Baked salmon with potatoes and rest of baked beans
No formal exercise today
so far drunk 6 glasses of water will have a few more before bed

Have not had as much speed food today as I usually do, was just using up what had in cupboards, more food shopping tomorrow.
Also have had one of those days that I have felt seriously hungry all day, nothing has satisfied me, keep feeling I want to eat something else, so I have just eaten 3 packets of Skips crisps, just about stayed within the plan today, but still feeling unsatisfied and want to raid the fridge for more food!!!!

HEX A Milk
HEX B slice of W/M bread
Syns Alpen Light Bar 3
3 Pkts of Skips 3.5 syns each
Total 13.5 syns

Monday 5th November

Breakfast

SW bacon and eggs
melon slices
4 cups of tea

Lunch
Large Salad with tomatoes/cucumber/beetroot/onion/lettuce and mixed peppers

Dinner
2 large bowls of syn free home made vegetable soup
melon pieces
Snack
Alpen Light Bar
Packet Corn snacks

8 glasses of water with fresh lemon

Had a 2 mile walk too 6000 steps

HEX A Milk
HEX B Alpen Light Bar

Syns
Corn Snacks 3.5 syns
Will probably have a few more syns before bed.

You are doing really well. Which day do you WI.
My WI is today @5pm. Feeling a bit nervous about it as really want to lose at least 3lbs just to make up for a gain last week and get my closer to my initial goal. Have worked very hard (well for me) this week, added a few more positive changes, so fingers crossed. Might go for a long walk before WI will try anything!!!! :):):)

Good luck for weight in misty. Will be keeping everything crossed for u. Sending positive vibes

Tuesday 6th November

Breakfast
Slices of melon
Alpen Light Bar

Lunch
Bowl of Syn Free Soup
(Had a walk and lot of water just before WI)

Dinner
Was so hungry after WI and burnt my dinner so had to have something quick, had 2 slices of wholemeal bread with lots of salad, chicken slices and some light mayo (did not measure it)
Chicken Curry and Rice
Snacks
Another few melon slices and corn snack which were in a larger bag so did not measure either.

I reckon my Syns were between 15-20.

Back