Getting over a blip

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Hi guys,
I had been doing great for almost 3 weeks and lost 1st 6lbs. Temptation wise i was actually doing ok. I have my holiday in the first week in September and the only black cloud hanging over my head was the fact i had a night out on 30th June for a concert and me and my friend were going to stay in a hotel etc, i prayed something would happen so i wouldn't have to go but couldnt let her down. Low and behold she rang me on Friday and told me the gig had been canceled!! I should have been delighted and i suppose i was but me and my boyfriend had a babysitter on Friday as we were going to a comedy gig, i got this idea in my head that id have my day off then instead so we went for a meal and made a night of it. Im pretty annoyed with myself but really really determined to stick to the next 11 weeks!!

I suppose Im looking for some encouraging words, maybe people who overcame a blip and went back to 100% for the long haul, some motivation of what i could potentially lose in that time, anything.x

I haven't been doing the doet that long (only on day 4) but you can't beat yourself up about a one off lapse! Having a little boy myself, I know how you need a bit of time out for you and your OH so look at it that way!
You might not have a fab lose this week, but you've already lost loads and sound like you intend to get straight back on it so give yourself a break and carry on regardless!

Good luck xx

Ah thanks so much for the reply, yeah i honestly can't tell you the last time we got out together and in truth we had a really really good night and i think it'll tide me over till our holiday. Feel very motivated again and Im determined to let nothing get in the way!x

I think sometimes life happens and you have to go with the flow! It's difficult when you have a family cos this diet affects everyone.
Glad you had a good night tho, at least it was worth it and you feel motivated to carry on!!:family2:

Hi Daisy, I had my hen party about 4 weeks after I started lipotrim. So I decided to have 3 days off and go back on tfr after an amazing weekend. I did put on a few pounds over the course of the hen but I had decided not to beat myself up about it and got back on the wagon. Here I am 8 weeks on from the hen and am nearly at goal so seriously do not beat yourself up about it. Just because you had one blip doesnt mean you can't do 11 weeks completely 100%. Best of luck x

Thanks so much for the support guys :) feeling really happy and motivated now. My holiday is sure to keep me focused and i have swimming tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday so that always forces me to stay on track! I've also been offering to work my colleagues Saturday shifts because that really breaks up the weekend-the hardest part for me-

Hi Daisy,

I've had several blips along my journey so far, both planned and unplanned. You can read my diary to see what I mean. I find it easier to get over the planned ones than when I've just fallne off the wagon.
I kow that with out the blips I'd probably be a good stone lighter than I am now, but I don't beat myself up about it. I try and focus on what I have acheived, not my failures. After all, you don't drwon by falling in the water; you drown by staying there!! ;)

Back