Getting over the two biscuit problem . . . . .

Hello all, brand new here and figured I'd go all or nothing and join a forum to gain and give support while I lose weight :) :)

My weight has been a bit of a sticking point from the age of 18 onwards - gaining and losing a few stones, rather than a few pounds the way most people do. I went from occasional comfort eating, to binge eating after a sexual assault and it became the way I coped; it took me 18 months to confide in a friend, longer still to try counselling, and even longer to accept it wasn't my fault. For the last couple of years I've been in a great place and have felt pretty good in who I am, I have some great people in my life - I'm lucky.

Only one problem left to conquer once and for all; my weight! In 2013 I lost over 6.5st through diet and exercise, then - stupidly - I've managed to regain about 5st of what I lost. I know, I know! I've had many a face-palm moment over my stupidity on that. So . . . . . . . . Time to tackle the issue head on!

We all have our achilles heel when it comes to healthy - or non healthy - eating. I'm going to credit my current physique to my love of biscuits; shortbreads, chocolate wafers, ginger nuts, but most especially the dark chocolate digestives (or dark chocolate hobnobs) the fella and I favour - they seem to flirt with me each time I open the cupboard. I'm going to have to find another place to stash those . . . . . .

Basically . . . the window for emotion-biscuits, two biscuit, three biscuit, four biscuit, half-a-packet-of-biscuit problems has closed.

Currently I weigh in at 20st 7lbs and that scares the crap out of me. Plan? I not-so-helpfully damaged the ligaments in my left foot last summer and have only just begun to feel pain free after lots of physio; so I'm going to ease in with the exercise - start slow and build it up each week. I'd really like to get down to around 11st 7lb - that's the goal!!

I turn 31 in October, it's April now, and I figure if I put in some hard work for the next 6 months I'll be able to see a difference in myself by then. I'd really like to be able to dress up and go out with my man for a lovely evening of birthday cocktails and chatter, in a fancy dress - maybe even some heels! :)

So that's me!

Would love to get to know some of you and swap motivation!!

Great first post
I found mine quite cathatic

I have a weakness for dark digestives too but the have to be mcvities
And also crumpets with butter
Toast with peanut butter and expensive hand cooked crisps

My husband can take or leave any oftosesothey are banishedfromthe house if he wants them he has them at work or goes to his mothers for lunch

Good luck on your journey we can do it this time

Welcome twobiscuits!! Firstly WELCOME, I'm sure you will find the support you need here :)
You did great losing weight before, so I am sure you can do it again.

What plan are you following?

Great first post
I found mine quite cathatic

I have a weakness for dark digestives too but the have to be mcvities
And also crumpets with butter
Toast with peanut butter and expensive hand cooked crisps

My husband can take or leave any oftosesothey are banishedfromthe house if he wants them he has them at work or goes to his mothers for lunch

Good luck on your journey we can do it this time

Thank you for the thoughtful reply! Oh man . . . . Crumpets. Crumpets are divinity :eek:

Welcome twobiscuits!! Firstly WELCOME, I'm sure you will find the support you need here :)
You did great losing weight before, so I am sure you can do it again.

What plan are you following?

Thank you, Bigbear! :) This morning I began with Tesco Ultraslim - a meal replacement shake for breakfast, optional mid morning snack up to 100cal, shake for lunch, optional mid afternoon snack up to 100cal, balanced dinner. We'll see how it goes! Will be tracking my daily intake of calories through MyFitnessPal :)

Shake No.1 - actually tastier than I thought it would be! :)

Attachments

• Shake Number One .JPG
    Shake Number One .JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Similar to me :) I use the slim fast products - pre-made shake for breakfast, meal bar for lunch then a decent dinner (600-800 cals) and usually 2 or 3 100 cal snacks :)
Find it works for me cos of the portion control. Like the slimfast products because I have a sweet tooth.

Good luck! Xx

Back