Getting really fed up now.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Angelkitty, 16 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(50.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry guys I just need to have a moan.

About 5 weeks ago my weight loss stopped. Then I lost half a pound 2 weeks in a row. Then for the last 2 weeks again I haven't lost a thing.

I was told to add a few red and green days to my extra easy, which I have done. I have stuck to it religiously. I have been having between 5 and 14 syns a day and I have been eating super speed foods (which have been costing me a fortune, especially since being laid off 2 weeks ago!)

Although I have lost over 4 stone I'm starting to lose heart completely. To add to this I still have trouble seeing any difference in the way I look. Last week I went to buy trousers for a job interview. I picked up a size 20 and a size 18 to take home and try. It turns out I needed a size 14. But I still really can't see it. I know it takes time, but it's starting to bother me.

Thanks for letting me get it all off my chest. x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JoC

JoC Silver Member

Try not to lose heart, maybe the weight loss has slowed for another reason. It sounds like you have had a really stressful time lately, and stress can do strange things to the body. Hope things improve soon and keep your chin up x

4. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Do you exercise at all? If you have ost about 4 stone your body wil be needing a
    lot less cals now.
    What about keeping a food diary onhere for advice or trying a success express week or so? :)

5. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I cant see your stats due to being on my phone. How much more are you aiming to lose and are you close to goal? Losses can slow the nearer you get to goal. Stress can also have an effect on our bodies especially of youre like me and eat when stressed. Try and stick with it. A diary as mentioned above is a good idea too.

6. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I find i lose more on red days if i'm honest, but after losing so much already your body is probably adjusting itself. You could still be losing fat but your body maybe holding onto water to compensate - try upping your water intake & start taking your measurements once a month.
    The fact that you used to be a size 18-20 and now need a 14 means you've made huge changes and lost a LOT of weight! Instead of beating yourself up for not losing, you should be congratulating yourself for how far you've already come! Cut yourself some slack. You've done fantastically well. Stick with it, up your water & maybe add a bot of exercise and i'm sure those losses will start up again!
    Think of how far you've come! Don't give up! *hugs*

7. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Stress is a big factor in weight loss, without going into too much scientific mumbo jumbo (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the more you stress the more cortisol your body produces and this is what makes your body hold on to it's fat stores. Our bodies are designed to hold on to energy when times get tough for evolutionary reasons.
    Give yourself a break hunny! You've got to have your head in the right place before you can do anything else! I know it's easier said than done because I've been there myself x
    Take positive steps to improve things, start looking for a new job, cut back on your spending and do a little exercise to help boost your mood. Concentrate on just doing little things to improve your situation and you'll find the weight will start to come off on it's own again, you'll see!

8. kim63

kim63 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(19.39%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you exercise Angelkitty? Fab for toning & you release endorphines, which can give you a natural high & might help to get your mojo back!

9. maclynn

maclynn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    firstly very well done on you're loss and terffic loss in dress sizes, really hope you get a good loss this week:D

10. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    Is there anything you're eating that you've only started having fairly recently? I only ask as I stayed the same for 3 weeks and during that time had a lot of mango. It's not a speed food and I think it had the same effect on me that bananas have on others in that it just seemed to stop me losing and inhibited my weight loss. It was very frustrating as I was on plan 100% but obviously something about it didn't agree with me. Obviously I don't know for definite that mango was the problem but when I stopped having it my losses started again. Anyway, just a thought. Hope your losses get going again soon, you've done so well up til now x

11. Angelkitty

Angelkitty Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(50.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone for your advice and questions.

I only exercise a bit. My boyfriend got me a Kinect and I go on it maybe 3 times a week. I have bought the Davina McCall DVD that everyone on here was raving about, so I aim to start them A.S.A.P.

To be honest, I don't really know what success express is. Unfortunately I had to give up going to groups.

Funky Munky-I have lost 4 stone 5 lbs so far. I want to lose another 3 stone altogether.

Thanks Rayven, I will try measuring myself.

Beegee-I can't think of anything different that I have started eating, but I will have a proper look back at my food diary.

Thanks again everyone for your advice and kind words. This website is the BEST!!!

12. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    If you do a search on here there are some good threads giving some good explanations. In short its like ee but you have two thirds superfree, only snack on superfree and use the higher syn value when counting syns. As i said though there are more detailed threads on it.

13. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks funky monkey - i didn't know what success express was either!

14. Angelkitty

Angelkitty Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(50.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for that. I'll take a look at the other threads!

15. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Why not host a makeover party, get your girlfriends round with their clothes, make up and hair styling products and have a go at making each other over, take some photos. Maybe with complete changes you'll see the difference?

auntynet likes this.
  16. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    What a lovely idea :) xxx

17. Angelkitty

Angelkitty Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(50.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's a nice idea!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    I love this idea! Plus if you needef a size 14 instead of an 18 you'll have lost about 4 inches off your waist which is fantastic for a whole load of asthetic and health reasons.

I think i might treat myself to new haircut, and a spa day when i lose 3 stone as an added incentive :)

20. Angelkitty

Angelkitty Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(50.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooh that's a good idea too. I fancy a new haircut.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.