Getting really fed up now.

Angelkitty

Sorry guys I just need to have a moan.

About 5 weeks ago my weight loss stopped. Then I lost half a pound 2 weeks in a row. Then for the last 2 weeks again I haven't lost a thing.

I was told to add a few red and green days to my extra easy, which I have done. I have stuck to it religiously. I have been having between 5 and 14 syns a day and I have been eating super speed foods (which have been costing me a fortune, especially since being laid off 2 weeks ago!)

Although I have lost over 4 stone I'm starting to lose heart completely. To add to this I still have trouble seeing any difference in the way I look. Last week I went to buy trousers for a job interview. I picked up a size 20 and a size 18 to take home and try. It turns out I needed a size 14. But I still really can't see it. I know it takes time, but it's starting to bother me.

Thanks for letting me get it all off my chest. x

Try not to lose heart, maybe the weight loss has slowed for another reason. It sounds like you have had a really stressful time lately, and stress can do strange things to the body. Hope things improve soon and keep your chin up x

I cant see your stats due to being on my phone. How much more are you aiming to lose and are you close to goal? Losses can slow the nearer you get to goal. Stress can also have an effect on our bodies especially of youre like me and eat when stressed. Try and stick with it. A diary as mentioned above is a good idea too.

I find i lose more on red days if i'm honest, but after losing so much already your body is probably adjusting itself. You could still be losing fat but your body maybe holding onto water to compensate - try upping your water intake & start taking your measurements once a month.
The fact that you used to be a size 18-20 and now need a 14 means you've made huge changes and lost a LOT of weight! Instead of beating yourself up for not losing, you should be congratulating yourself for how far you've already come! Cut yourself some slack. You've done fantastically well. Stick with it, up your water & maybe add a bot of exercise and i'm sure those losses will start up again!
Think of how far you've come! Don't give up! *hugs*

Stress is a big factor in weight loss, without going into too much scientific mumbo jumbo (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the more you stress the more cortisol your body produces and this is what makes your body hold on to it's fat stores. Our bodies are designed to hold on to energy when times get tough for evolutionary reasons.
Give yourself a break hunny! You've got to have your head in the right place before you can do anything else! I know it's easier said than done because I've been there myself x
Take positive steps to improve things, start looking for a new job, cut back on your spending and do a little exercise to help boost your mood. Concentrate on just doing little things to improve your situation and you'll find the weight will start to come off on it's own again, you'll see!

Do you exercise Angelkitty? Fab for toning & you release endorphines, which can give you a natural high & might help to get your mojo back!

firstly very well done on you're loss and terffic loss in dress sizes, really hope you get a good loss this week:D

Is there anything you're eating that you've only started having fairly recently? I only ask as I stayed the same for 3 weeks and during that time had a lot of mango. It's not a speed food and I think it had the same effect on me that bananas have on others in that it just seemed to stop me losing and inhibited my weight loss. It was very frustrating as I was on plan 100% but obviously something about it didn't agree with me. Obviously I don't know for definite that mango was the problem but when I stopped having it my losses started again. Anyway, just a thought. Hope your losses get going again soon, you've done so well up til now x

Thanks everyone for your advice and questions.

I only exercise a bit. My boyfriend got me a Kinect and I go on it maybe 3 times a week. I have bought the Davina McCall DVD that everyone on here was raving about, so I aim to start them A.S.A.P.

To be honest, I don't really know what success express is. Unfortunately I had to give up going to groups.

Funky Munky-I have lost 4 stone 5 lbs so far. I want to lose another 3 stone altogether.

Thanks Rayven, I will try measuring myself.

Beegee-I can't think of anything different that I have started eating, but I will have a proper look back at my food diary.

Thanks again everyone for your advice and kind words. This website is the BEST!!!

Angelkitty said:
To be honest, I don't really know what success express is. Unfortunately I had to give up going to groups.

If you do a search on here there are some good threads giving some good explanations. In short its like ee but you have two thirds superfree, only snack on superfree and use the higher syn value when counting syns. As i said though there are more detailed threads on it.

Thanks funky monkey - i didn't know what success express was either!

Why not host a makeover party, get your girlfriends round with their clothes, make up and hair styling products and have a go at making each other over, take some photos. Maybe with complete changes you'll see the difference?

Shirleen said:
Why not host a makeover party, get your girlfriends round with their clothes, make up and hair styling products and have a go at making each other over, take some photos. Maybe with complete changes you'll see the difference?

I love this idea! Plus if you needef a size 14 instead of an 18 you'll have lost about 4 inches off your waist which is fantastic for a whole load of asthetic and health reasons.

I think i might treat myself to new haircut, and a spa day when i lose 3 stone as an added incentive :)

Back