Getting started

chemma y

Hi everyone!

I am trying to do slimming world without joining a group as sadly there isn't one near me and joining online is really expensive (3 months upfont). My mum lost 2 stone doing it a few years ago and so I really want to try but I think it might be tricky. I have some of her old books so I am going to do the best I can!

Yesterday I ate:

Brek: Oat so simple, 180ml skim milk
Lunch: Veg soup, carrots and tesco low fat hummus
Snacks: Raspberries, apple and ryvita
Supper: Prawns, spinach, tomatoes, asparagus and small amount of salad dressing

Am I making any big mistakes?

Hi I don't go to a group either however I am a member online :) that all looks great to me so far! Keep posting your food diaries and we will keep you right :)

Hi everyone!

I am trying to do slimming world without joining a group as sadly there isn't one near me and joining online is really expensive (3 months upfont). My mum lost 2 stone doing it a few years ago and so I really want to try but I think it might be tricky. I have some of her old books so I am going to do the best I can!

Yesterday I ate:

Brek: Oat so simple, 180ml skim milk
Lunch: Veg soup, carrots and tesco low fat hummus
Snacks: Raspberries, apple and ryvita
Supper: Prawns, spinach, tomatoes, asparagus and small amount of salad dressing

Am I making any big mistakes?

Hello, well done for getting started!

I assume that you are following extra easy... With breakfast you need to try and have done superfree so perhaps some strawberries, raspberries etc. also make sure that you have measured your porridge amount, it should be 30g (I think). You don't have to have superfree with measured healthy extras but it may help to keep you fuller for longer.

Was the soup homemade? If not it will be syns, how many depending on the brand and make. Also make sure that you measure the humus so that you can work out the syn value.

Dinner looks fine, but don't forget that if you are following extra easy you can have carbs so maybe make some sw chips or have some pasta.

Your first day looks fine, just remember to measure foods that are not a free food so that you can be sure of the healthy extra amount or syn value :)

Back