Getting the Dr to sign forms...

lala

Hi all,

I'm going to the Dr tomorrow to ask her to sign my forms. I might be over thinking this, but I'm worried about what she will say. I've been trying to think about how to get onto the subject.

What have your experiences been, and how did you broach the subject with them?

Thank you>

Doctors are ok, just tell them you are going on LL and they will charge you a fee to fill it in, they will be happy you are going to loose weight its viewed as being healthy and infact they will encourage it.

Dont forget doctors use VLCD to make people loose weight when needed so its not alien. For example Lipotrim is sold in chemists.

Dont worry just hand the form and tell him/her to fill it in for you, its nothing to feel apprehensive about :)

Luckily I wasn't charged as my nurse was doing it so I get all my checks free but as huseyin said they should be ok about it all :). As for how to approach it they ask whats the problem you give them the form and say you're doing ll and need it filled in, I was really nervous about what they would think too but tbh it's not really got anything to do with them, this is all about you hun.

Emma xXx

I would agree with Yummy its down to you :)

So let me start by saying glad to have you on board with us, you are definitely not going to regret this.

Shouldn't be a problem, my doctor has been great about LL and really impressed when I went for week 4 BP check.

I do know some people have had problems (and in one cas the Dr refused to fill the form in) but they are the BIG Minority of cases.

Don't worry it will be fine, and IF you do have any issues chances are that your LLC will have a local doctor who can fill the form in for you.

There will almost certainly be a fee though.

hi
i was really nervous about going, but it was fine.
my doc hadn't heard of it, but i told him all about it.

i told him i was doing this diet- didn't ask 'permission' said that i could get the signature elsewhere but would prefer it if he monitored me.

he was great and signed it, didn't charge me and wished me luck!
daisy x

My Doc was a bit apprehensive about it, I managed to talk her round into adding a cover letter to the form which absolved her and the practice from any blame should something go wrong.

Cost me £35 to have it filled out. 15 weeks later, I can safely say that had they charged me £350 it would still have been the best way to spend money I have ever done :)

don't worry about it. I got my practice nurse to sign and stamp mine and it din't cost anything.
Some Doctors can be a bit funny about it but your LLC will probably have told you if there's anywhere locally that won't sign forms.
I just said, 'i want to start this diet and just need a signature'. Pretty simple really. And my doctor is in awe of me whenever I see him now!

Welcome to LL...it's one hell of a journey-in a good way!

My Doc was a bit apprehensive about it, I managed to talk her round into adding a cover letter to the form which absolved her and the practice from any blame should something go wrong.

Cost me £35 to have it filled out. 15 weeks later, I can safely say that had they charged me £350 it would still have been the best way to spend money I have ever done :)

Now you are posing as Robocop, can you not help your self man.

Looking back I should have just made a Doctors appointment first, instead I decided to tell the reception staff who were most difficult about the whole thing, its strange because my experience with the Doctors themselves has been excellent, I've been really impressed.

I'm sure you'll be fine, and as Huseyin states, they will be pleased that you're taking a proactive approach in dealing with your weight. Good luck.

I just told the receptionists it was just a checkup and my practise nurse was interested, not against it or for it, but interested to see how I got on. She actually said although officially I was obese, as I am tall she didn't think I really needed to lose weight, but she was supportive of me wanting to.

H said:
Now you are posing as Robocop, can you not help your self man.

RoboCop?
You've lost me on that one mate.....................

and no, I cannot help myself :p
I've always had a theatrical side (comes from having an opera singer and stage actress for a mum :D ) so I guess it's just showing more now.

But I've never had my photo taken where I haven't pulled a pose - I just do it without thinking! lol

I aw our Nurse Practitioner and she sigend it all, though she sort of tried to discuss surgical banding, etc., which is not for me, and a bigger drain on the NHS.

She did agree to sign though.

I didn;t try to find a way to bring it up - I just TOLD her what I wanted her to do. :)

Yep, I was apprehensive but the Dr signed the form and the nurse did the BP etc, cost £10.
Honestly I think the majority of surgeries are glad that you are coming to them with a potential solution rather than them trying to convince you to lose weight or see their dietician.
Well done on taking the first step, lala.

RoboCop?
You've lost me on that one mate.....................

and no, I cannot help myself :p
I've always had a theatrical side (comes from having an opera singer and stage actress for a mum :D ) so I guess it's just showing more now.

But I've never had my photo taken where I haven't pulled a pose - I just do it without thinking! lol

You had a picture yesterday, here is the picture of robocop maybe its my 80's childhood getting the better of me lol
:http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Robocop-18-inch-l.jpg

I didn't even ask my GP, cos they are so rubbish. I asked my LLC which GPs know about LL and would do the checkup and form, then I went privatley to them. It cost me £40, which is less than what my regular GP would have charged...

so don't worry - if your GP doesn't sign the form, there are plenty of others who will...

Thank you all sooo much for your really helpful replies :)

I don't get that much time on t'internet, so sorry I haven't replied individually, but I really appreciate your replies.

I went this afternoon, and my GP was in favour - she was really positive. She said she could see I was in a catch 22 and that WW (which I'd been doing before) doesn't work for everyone. She thinks the diet should be more than 500 cals, but that the CBT aspect is great.

She filled in the form and didn't charge me anything (the receptionist had told me it would cost £100!!!!) and asked me to pop in and see her once a month so she can see what's happening.

So, I have no excuse now do I?

I'll post separately telling you a little about myself....

Well thats your monthly bp checks sorted too then :) good luck with it all hun :D xXx

So glad your GP was positive and will support you. Looking forward to hearing more about you over the weeks (and start a diary, on here or elsewhere or even the good old pen and paper variety).

Back