Getting the most out of meetings

I do stay but, only because my friend wants to.

I find the whole clappy, pat on the back thing pretty childish :rolleyes: its like something you do in nursery school for good behaviour.

All our C does is ..... gives the week weight loss and total and asks ''how have you found this week?'' :rolleyes:

We never have taster sessions, or get a chance to swap recipies.

To be honest I have gained more confidence and knowledge through mini mins than I have from attending meetings.

The only thing I find useful is knowing what weight I have lost / gained and getting the S/W password

If it wasnt for my friend I probably wouldn't stay.

I stay for class sometimes, but not always. It depends on how much time I have to spare.
We also do the clapping thing. I think that is done at all classes. Some may find it silly. I don't mind it, as it obviously does boost some people's confidence.
Our C, spends a few minutes on each person as she goes round. If a person is having problems we all discuss it and offer suggestions. If someone has lost a lot he/she tells us what they have done.
We get some good hints and recipes too.
We have taster evenings. We are having a Halloween themed one on Wednesday.
We all also bring a fruit or food item in and the SOW gets presented that.
There is always a raffle which we pay 50p for a strip of 4 tickets.
Normally the C creates a raffle prize using the password as the basis for the prize if it is a food word. If not, it's something nice anyway.
I can't remember the statistics, but I think that I was told that people who do stay are 60 or 70% more likely to get to target than ones who don't. I think they have gathered that information through the years.
I know, personally, from the times I have joined that I do better when I stay.
When I stopped staying I thought I was wasting money just going to weigh and could weigh at home. Every time I did that I failed and started putting all the weight back on as there was no-one monitoring my weight loss except me and it was easy to say that I would start again tomorrow or next week, and it never happened.
I did not know about minimins then, so may have done it alone with the support given here.
I had been considering to do it alone again, but even with the support here, I am so scared that I will slip again if I stop.
I have decided that I want to get to target, and maintain, so I can go to class whenever I feel like it, for free, and won't feel pressured that I have to go.
I must say that minimums is fantastic for encouragement, inspiration and ideas.
Together with SW class, one should not fail.

Back