Getting the oily fish down me!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, I used to be a big fan of things like tinned sardines/mackerel on toast, but my shiny new SW life has meant that I've cut down massively on bread- I hardly ever have it now and I feel much better for it, besides, there are always other things I want to spend my HEXb on (I do mainly EE). So I really want to eat such tins of fish for the health benefits, but would like some ideas, other than bread on what to eat them with!! ThanksX

BMIC, you are like my own personal nutritionist!! It's great!!! Fab photos by the way! What a difference- you look great! Gorgeous hair too!! X

I love sardines with couscous and salad too!
I still have them on toast with tomatoes though. I get the WW brown Danish so that I can have 3 slices!

Salmon's a great oily fish - I wrap mine in tinfoil and bung it in the oven for 20/30 mins and serve it with roasted med veg (red onion, peppers, courgettes, mushrooms, cherry toms, bns etc.) sprayed with frylight and a few herbs - delicious! x

Mackeral is great with horseradish....

I like to mix it with beetroot (not pickled as I hate vinegar - but it might work if you like pickled), a tsp of horseradish and a bit of EL mayo and have it on Ryvitas :)

I love salmon, the other week I made it as normal wrapped in foil and put in the oven, but heated some quark gently and added some herbs to make a sauce. Served the salmon with some mixed veg and put some 'sauce' on the side - it was lovely!

Salmon's a great oily fish - I wrap mine in tinfoil and bung it in the oven for 20/30 mins and serve it with roasted med veg (red onion, peppers, courgettes, mushrooms, cherry toms, bns etc.) sprayed with frylight and a few herbs - delicious! x

This is my favourite way to eat salmon! I also love oily fish in jacket potatoes, in a pasta salad, laid on couscous salads, on lettuce and grilled tomatoes with a couple of slices of avocados if you have a few syns to spare. Yum!

I like to stuff tomatoes or courgettes with tinned mackerel, onions rice - whatever really. Yum.

Back