Getting to goal

Nenya

Just starting to get a bit worried now about after refeed. I still want to lose the rest of my weight with another diet like WW. The thing is I'm scared that being on the new diet will cause me to put it back on. I read the refeed notes and it says you might have to take 2 shakes per day just to maintain! Any ideas of how it can work folks?

Don't know where you read that hon .... If you refeed to the letter you shouldn't put anything on or if you're REALLY unlucky maybe a couple of lbs of water weight. After that you will be exactly as you were before TFR so if you could have lost weight on WW or SW or by any other method then, you will now. You will only not lose weight if you eat more than the calories you expend .... it's nothing to do with TFR or anything else. Following refeed religiously brings your body back to normal - after that it's up to you.

Best of luck xx

Ty Jan, I was reading the bumf and it says u must return to be weighed after 14 days and If you are still losing weight, reduce the shakes eat more food and if you have put on weight, take 9 shakes for 2 weeks, and if its still going up have 11! til the weight is stable. Just have to trust to luck I think x

Luck is the last thing you have to trust to!

If you're losing weight & you don't want to - eat more. If you want to lose weight and aren't - eat less.

I'm really sorry of this seems trite but in its simplest terms this is what we have to do. Try not to get too wrapped up in numbers of shakes etc etc. Take each day then week as it comes and adjust your intake accordingly. The last thing you need to be doing is stressing about it. That'll only make it harder. Don't forget when they talk about using more shakes and using maintenance products thay really want you to buy more of their stuff. It CAN all be done with food.

Use products by all means if it makes life easier for you (I'm doing so myself at the moment) but don't feel you HAVE to use them in order to maintain or lose more. You CAN do it on your own if you want to xxx

Ty Jan, I hadn't thought about it like that x

If you dont get to goal on TFR, then just follow the refeed to the letter, this will not make you gain weight, or as Jan says, maybe just 1-2lb of water as the glycogen levels get back to normal. After refeed, there is no need to use any maintenance shakes, (they are really expensive) but just follow a sensible healthy eating plan to lose the rest of the desired weight.

Back