Giant African Land Snails

rainbow

Gold Member
Has anyone got any of these? Ive kinda acquired three of them from someone who was given some by someone else! Ive got them in my classroom and they're proving a real talking point! Ive researched on the internet so feel pretty clued up on them! xxx

Yep I currently have 3 also.
Violet....named by my grandaughter after her best friend :eek: and "The boys" two together in one tank. A recipe for hundreds of eggs which we have to watch carefully for.
My son has one that he has owned now for nearly 7 years. It was an adult when he got it...
We aquired ours when my son went into a so called pet shop where the owner planned on dumping a tank full outside as she couldn't sell them. My son brought them all home. We have rehomed them all apart from "The boys"...
Fascinating and very easy to keep.

My youngest has one :D (and two goldfish - well there were two, one has gone missing :confused:) and whatever insects he can catch and bring in the house before I find out!!!

"gary" is still a tiny one though he has definately grown since we got him in the Spring. he's about the size of my thumbnail now. We spent the first month of looking after him convinced they hadnt actually put him in the tank cos he never appeared again. Quite often see him on his lettuce leaf now :rolleyes:

lol - glad Im not on my own, mine are bigger than Gary then, I think they're about 7 or 8 months old, but I might be wrong! Mine love cucumber and lettuce, and are also partial to a cuttlefish! xxx

Back