Gingernutbizkit loses it CD style!!! (21/05/10)

Hi all,

After much thought (and in desperation!) I have decided to start on the Cambridge Diet. I thought creating this diary would help me to keep focused on losing weight :D.

I went and met with my CDC this evening and she seems really nice. I have never done a VLCD before and if I'm honest I am not looking forward to the first few days before ketosis kicks in..... or the potential bad breath that may occur once it does :eek:.

I weighed in at 18st 6lbs (already lost 10lbs with Slimming World) and have set a target at 12st 6lbs. I've no idea if that will be right for me but it does give me something to aim for. I go away next february and told my CDC that I would love to be at target by then... she seemed to think that I could easily do this if I stick to it 100%.

I've come home and read all the books:read:, think I might struggle the mostest with having to drink all that water and not having my pepsi max fix :p.

Anyway, all diary followers and advicers are welcome to join me on this journey.
Ging x

The water seems tough to begin with but after a few days your body gets used to it and you aren't getting as much liquid from food so you get a lot more thirsty. Be warned you will pee like you never thought possible the first week with the water retention being removed and the increase in fluid intake lol

Just keep in mind if it does get hard that you are choosing to stick to it not being forced to and for some reason I found that made it easier the first time I did CD.

Good luck and you'll see the pounds coming off before you know it :)

Thanks Mifford - I see you're doing really well on CD.

hi all :D

Well, yesterday was not the best start. I had the a/c porridge in the morning and thought it tasted ok but it made me a bit nauseus. At lunchtime I had the butterscotch shake which I thought was disgusting and I only just got it down me by drinking a LOT of water with it. At tea time I tried the oriental spicy soup. On the first few mouthfuls I thought it tasted nice but then not long after I started vomiting - which is not really the way I want to lose weight!

I spoke with my CDC and she agreed that I was best to keep drinking water but not have my fourth pack, thank goodness :jelous:. I felt quesy all night and hardly slept.

Woke up this morning and feel much better. Very little hunger but still a little quessy. Had choc shake at breakfast and then choc orange for lunch both of which were ok.

Still very determined to follow this 100% and haven't been tempted to eat at all :D. Must make sure that my current mood continues!
Ging x

Last edited:
When I started Lipotrim (basically the same as cd) I found the first week to 2 weeks the hardest .....the shakes made me feel sick ......and really didnt think I would be able to stick with it.......but something changes and I started to actually enjoy them....yes even the one that made me sick...lol.
Stick with it and you will be amazed at the results

Keep us posted with your progress

good luck with CD, if ui get into it and focused its amazing, if u really need ur coke fix, coke zero is aloud as has malic acid not citric acid. i need something other than water n this helps x

the chilli one is vile, ecspecially the bits in it...gahhh makes me cringe thinking about it. Im sure you will be fine im new to the diet aswell, once you get past the first few days it actually becomes quite fun! I find the water drinking ok because if i start to get hungry i fill my stomach up with it which takes a good litre. The butterscotch one isnt nice i think you tasted two of the worse ones of all the flavours!! Good luck, ill be following xx

i only have the choc ones every day (always hot with double the water). I dont have any others or any bars. it took me a good 6-7 weeks to stomach the choc ones, the other ones made me gag and that in turn made me feel so despressed. remember, if you eat something you hate 10 times your tastebuds adjust and start liking it. i used to tell myself that and still have to sometimes!! keep at it ginger, we're all here rooting for you!

Back