Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Girly topic - TOTM changes?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by LincsBren, 7 October 2010 Social URL.

1. LincsBren

LincsBren Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.41%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS from April
    Has anyone else found that CD (SS) has mucked up their cycle? I was on Lipotrim and total normal, regular as clockwork... I switched to CD almost 2 weeks ago, was due on last week, and nothing happened...

I know anorexics often don't have periods, but whether that's due to lack of calorie intake, or lack of fat on them (fat needed to produce oestrogen if I remember biology lessons correctly?!) - I'm sure not lacking fat!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Poor you. It has the opposite effect on me - I go from having a rather erratic cycle when off CD to having an on the button, completely dependable 28 day cycle when I'm on CD. Obviously, being in ketosis really suits me, LOL, as I first noticed this effect when I first did Atkins years ago.

There is an oestrogen connection as I recall - oestrogen's stored in fat cells, so as your fat cells shrink, you release the oestrogen into your blood stream. Which creates havoc in some, and serenity in others, apparently. :) My periods are a lot heavier at the moment though. :(

4. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Lily hit it spot on with the oestrogen/fat cells thing. As a result of that understanding they've recently identified that obesity affects the menstrual cycle and can cause painful and/or irregular periods.

5. LincsBren

LincsBren Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.41%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS from April
    The bizarre thing is, I was regular as anything when I was fatter, it was just this blip! I ended up doing a pregnancy test (thankfully negative!) and then when I did come on, I had a very short period (3 days). It'll be interesting to see if I'm late next time!

6. PhoenixsHonour

PhoenixsHonour Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Just before I started CD, I missed two periods, which really freaked me out. So far I have been irregular and so so heavy. But I'm always heavy, so maybe it just feels bad right now because I can't comfort myself with chocolate and cheesy garlic bread!! At least I'm having periods...

7. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Although I am on the pill my periods are a bit erratic, normally my period would start 4 days after finishing taking the pill, this month it started the day after and is very very heavy....

8. LincsBren

LincsBren Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.41%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS from April
    I do think it all changes our cycles... I wasn't quite as late this time, but still about a week later than I normally am. It's odd because I've been on a VLCD for 15 weeks now, and it's only my last 2 periods that have been late (and lighter than usual!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.