Giving blood?

Princess_Ames

SW Junkie!
Forgive me if this has been covered before...

Does anyone know whether I'm ok to still give blood while on TS? Bit concerned about it but i am passionate about giving blood.

I am due to give blood on the 27th May so i thought perhaps doing the WS a few days before and a few days after just to give my body that extra fuel?

I really really really want to keep up with my regular donations as i am a rare blood group and think it is essential to do my bit.

So does anyone know if i'm still safe to do so?

I would say its not a good idea however ring the blood service and check. They seem to change their guidelines all the time.

You cant give blood while on a VLCD. Youd only really miss one donation though wouldnt you if youre only on Exante for a few months?

You cant give blood while on a VLCD. Youd only really miss one donation though wouldnt you if youre only on Exante for a few months?

I would only miss one or two but to be honest it's something i feel i need to do. It's more important to me than losing weight. So i'm sort of stuck now. :(

can it not be done during AAMW? I'm a doner too and never even thought about it..i cant donate till august due to having had surgery...wot a tough decision huni xxxxxxx

So i should be ok if i do SS next week then? I thought if i had something simple like chicken and green veg as a meal each evening as well as my 3 shakes/soups etc it would give me enough calories to donate.

can it not be done during AAMW? I'm a doner too and never even thought about it..i cant donate till august due to having had surgery...wot a tough decision huni xxxxxxx

Apparently when on a VLCD your blood loses viscosity. I would defo assume that on TS it will be a no no. But on SS i would be having 1200 calories a day which should be ample i would have thought.

Hope they get back to me soon.

YAY!!!! As long as i am having over 1000 calories and feel fit and well i can donate... So i will stick on TS until Monday and then do SS for a week to ensure I'm getting enough calories to donate.

That has made my day :)

Back