• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Giving blood?

S: 12st5lb C: 12st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 0st3lb(1.73%)
Forgive me if this has been covered before...

Does anyone know whether I'm ok to still give blood while on TS? Bit concerned about it but i am passionate about giving blood.

I am due to give blood on the 27th May so i thought perhaps doing the WS a few days before and a few days after just to give my body that extra fuel?

I really really really want to keep up with my regular donations as i am a rare blood group and think it is essential to do my bit.

So does anyone know if i'm still safe to do so?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I would say its not a good idea however ring the blood service and check. They seem to change their guidelines all the time.

Hmm... think i may have to find another way of losing weight then. Giving blood is really important to me.

You cant give blood while on a VLCD. Youd only really miss one donation though wouldnt you if youre only on Exante for a few months?
I would only miss one or two but to be honest it's something i feel i need to do. It's more important to me than losing weight. So i'm sort of stuck now. :(

Every 16 weeks.

I've just rung and they are getting someone to ring me back to advise. :)

can it not be done during AAMW? I'm a doner too and never even thought about it..i cant donate till august due to having had surgery...wot a tough decision huni xxxxxxx

So i should be ok if i do SS next week then? I thought if i had something simple like chicken and green veg as a meal each evening as well as my 3 shakes/soups etc it would give me enough calories to donate.

can it not be done during AAMW? I'm a doner too and never even thought about it..i cant donate till august due to having had surgery...wot a tough decision huni xxxxxxx
Apparently when on a VLCD your blood loses viscosity. I would defo assume that on TS it will be a no no. But on SS i would be having 1200 calories a day which should be ample i would have thought.

Hope they get back to me soon.

YAY!!!! As long as i am having over 1000 calories and feel fit and well i can donate... So i will stick on TS until Monday and then do SS for a week to ensure I'm getting enough calories to donate.

That has made my day :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cambridge Weight Plan 3
Exante - Total Solution 100% 3
Exante 4
Exante 4
Slimming World 10