Giving GI another go..

Well done for staying strong today. Enjoy the rest of the evening.

Hi everyone,

Not a good day today for me. I was good with food but have felt crap all day. Mainly because I have had for 3 weeks a bad chest infection which has now gone but am left with this bloody cough that keeps me up all friggin night! I have been so tired today and if I dont get enough sleep I get migraines which is precisely what happened today. Plus my little one woke me at 5 when I had just gotten off to a deep sleep. Boo hoo.

B: Porridge with half milk and half water - tsp of fruictose sugar (great low gi sugar) - tsp of very good quality peanut butter in middle.

S: Didnt have one as felt very ill at this point. Came home for a lay down.

L: Carrot and butterbean soup (baxters) and a 2 thick slices of 100% stoneground wholemeal bread.

S: Cut up peppers and cucumber with houmous

D: 2 poached eggs, mushrooms and toms

S: not sure yet but prob some fruit and yoghurt.

Very tired and feel a bit lethargic.

Hope everyone having good GI days

Poor you! Try and catch up on a bit of rest and drink plenty of water. Menu looked yum. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hi guys

Well diet went AWOL yday as I had a shocking migraine again :( I just didnt eat all day, only drunk.

So back on it today.

B: Porridge with half milk/water and a tsp of good quality PB in middle

S: Apricot

L: Oatcakes with houmous and chopped peppers, cucumbers, carrots
and a yog after

S: Small bowl of vegetable soup

D: Salmon fillet with broccolli, cauli and few carrots.

S: Will be some fruit and a handful of nuts

Hope you are done with the migraines for now. food looks great today.

Hi guys,

Thanks for well wishes - I hope they have gone for good too. They are so draining :( I had a good nights sleep and feel refreshed today.

Just having a cup of tea now and will start my food in a few hours when hunger kicks in.

Weigh in day tomorrow!!!! EEEEKK!!!! I hope its good.

x

Glad you feel better now. Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

Had manic busy day yday so didnt post anything and I cant remember all I had now! lol but it was all good gi and it involved oat cakes and veg soup and fruit haha

Anyway weighed in this morning and I have lost 2lbs. I was a bit disappointed as I normally do very well on week 1 but it is TOTM so that will play a part in it. So its better than nothing eh!

Just having a cup of tea and another busy day head with little one - have good GI days everyone

x

2lbs down is 2lbs gone forever. Don't forget that you have to think in terms of a lifestyle change in that GL will be how you will live from now on. It is great to be able to lose weight without feeling deprived. Once you achieve your goal you can relax a little but still choosing GL friendly foods. Good luck for the coming week.

I am just embarking on the GI diet... again.. I lost a few stone about five years ago on it so I thought that I would give it a go this time. I am trying to keep a bit of blog about it too. Summergrl... great weight loss!!

Hi everyone,

Been awol for few days - just tired but been following plan :)

Ok so for today :

B: Poached egg on seedy slice of toast followed by 2 oranges and a cup of tea

S: Handful of pistachio nuts

L: Bowl of lentil soup and 4 oatcakes and a yog

S: 5 prunes

D: Wholemeal pasta and tuna flakes

S: natural yog, mixed with tbsp of oats and mixed berries

Hope everyone doing well

Ditto!!! Hope you are going o.k. Get posting!!

You haven't posted in some days, how's it going?

Back