Giving the bars a test run

pete10141748

Postaholic
OK so I decided that, as I now only like 2 of the shakes, I'm going to give the bars a try this week (yes, ALL of them :p )

I got one of each flavour to try over the next 7 days, I'm actually quite looking forward to the peanut one after reading posts on here from people who like them (only 5 flavours so I got 2xpeanut and 2xfruit).

I've tried the Toffee one this evening, and oooooh it's NICE! Now whether that's just the novelty of a new flavour, I don't know, but to me it tasted like proper toffee, and that's awesome! :D

I'm a bit dubious about the Lemon one, and possbily the Rasberry, but hey, if you never try you never know, right?

Well it's official you have terrible taste buds :p I hated the toffe and the lemon both make me gag lol. I like the fruit though was lovely, have yet to try the peanut and the cranberry/raspberry but lets face it they can't be any worse that the first 2 lol.

Glad you like them though, makes a nice change to have an extra flavour or 2 :)

Emma xXx

No bars for me

I haven't had the bars at all during LL. It's too much like real food and temptation for me. Also it seems that people on shakes/soups only lose more and more consistently. It'll be worth persevering with some of the shakes because they are an acquired taste and you can get used to them.I'm into a very unimaginative routine of warm vanilla for breakfast, thai chilli with tabasco jabanero and a bit of salt at lunch time and for supper. Hot chocolate with sweeteners as a night cap yummy - of course interspersed with masses of water hot and cold, sometimes with flavourings ( work as a laxative) and black coffee - result- works for me, but everyone is different.
I know you'll succeed however you decide to do it.:party0051:

I love raspberry and am looking forward to them again next week!

Lemon I loved first of all but then went off them as I did with the toffee one too.

I still like the peanut one - that can also be done hot (be careful not to burn it) in a microwave with a little salt added - lovely.

You can microwave the toffee and lemon too - cut them up into squares and zap them until they turn inot soft (or hard ) biscuits.

Tried the fruit one today and that was lovely too!
Tasted (to me) like Starburst lol think thats why I like it :p

SB, I have read about people saying they lost 1 or 2lbs less a week when on the bars, so I figure I'll take this week as a trial. If I do indeed lose only 3 or 4lbs as opposed to 6 or 7 as I have these past 3 weeks, then I'll not have them again next week, or perhaps just try and have a few less.

the main reason I want them is they are going to be so much easier to have for lunch when at work, no messing around with finding a big enough glass, using the hand-whisk thing, still having some lumps in them etc.

for the sake of doing the diet for an extra 4 weeks, I'd rather make life easier on myself each day and have something differently flavoured to keep things "fresh" :)

Hi Pete. I love the peanut and the cranberry bars, but my LLC had no bars this week apart from lemon!!!! Yikes! She gave me a lemon one and I have to say that it's vile! She then managed to find some cranberry, so I got six of them and really don't know what I'd do without them - I was devastated when she said she had none!

I've also got to change weigh in day to a Monday instead of Saturday because she needs to take 4-8 weeks off for personal reasons. So, I don't get weighed in until a week on Monday. But I had to point out that I've also lost 19lbs!! How weird is our weight loss being the same all the time! I can't wait for your next weigh in to see what I'm due to lose next week! LOL!

Well I couldn't do it without the bars, when I've run out of them, but still have lots of shakes I start to panic.
My favourite is the lemon, sometimes I make the biscuits, I also like the peanut & cranberry.
I don't care if they slow down the weight loss, coudn't live without them!

Well I finally tried the cranberry and didn't really like it, didn't make me ill like the others but still a bit urghy. The only one i loike is the peanut bar so I'm think I'm only going to get 2 bars a week both peanut for the weekend when my husband insists on his bacon roll from McD's for breakfast and my kids inevitable share either pancakes or a bagel lol.

Emma xXx

Tried the fruit one today and that was lovely too!
Tasted (to me) like Starburst lol think thats why I like it :p

SB, I have read about people saying they lost 1 or 2lbs less a week when on the bars, so I figure I'll take this week as a trial. If I do indeed lose only 3 or 4lbs as opposed to 6 or 7 as I have these past 3 weeks, then I'll not have them again next week, or perhaps just try and have a few less.

the main reason I want them is they are going to be so much easier to have for lunch when at work, no messing around with finding a big enough glass, using the hand-whisk thing, still having some lumps in them etc.

for the sake of doing the diet for an extra 4 weeks, I'd rather make life easier on myself each day and have something differently flavoured to keep things "fresh" :)

Hi Pete,
Bear in mind that your weightloss will fluctuate from week to week anyway and it is unlikely that you will continue to lose 6-7 lbs every week.

It is just not possible for the bars to make 1-2 lbs difference to weightloss in a week.

If an average bar has 30 kcals more than a soup/shake (and I am guessing as I don't have any bars at the moment) then in a week you would be having an extra 210 kcals.

It takes 3500 kcals to support 1lb of body fat (including the water that is part of fat when stored in the body). In a week therefore the difference is 210/3500 = 0.06 lbs per week - or approximately 1 oz (25 grammes).

Anyway good luck with them.

mikey said:
Hi Pete,
Bear in mind that your weightloss will fluctuate from week to week anyway and it is unlikely that you will continue to lose 6-7 lbs every week.

It is just not possible for the bars to make 1-2 lbs difference to weightloss in a week.

If an average bar has 30 kcals more than a soup/shake (and I am guessing as I don't have any bars at the moment) then in a week you would be having an extra 210 kcals.

It takes 3500 kcals to support 1lb of body fat (including the water that is part of fat when stored in the body). In a week therefore the difference is 210/3500 = 0.06 lbs per week - or approximately 1 oz (25 grammes)

Some very good points there mate! :)
I thought that as they have quite a bit more fat + carbs in them, that could have an effect too, but like you said, the difference is going to be negligable anyway.

mikey said:
Anyway good luck with them

Thanks! :D

And congratulations on your amazing loss this year! :)
Almost 120lbs, thats incredible!!

Back