Giving up going to group

Alcoholiday

Just been made redundant and after working out the finances we just can't afford to go atm.

Pretty gutted really as my wife and I are part of the social team which we really enjoy. :cry:

Going to try and stick to plan but it's going to be hard. I planned on making a concerted effort after Christmas to get to target but without the group support I don't know if I'll manage it.

I left once before and ended on putting lots of weight back on. With the stress of the redundancy to top it off, things are going to be tough.

Hi,

So sorry to hear about your redundancy. It's such a shame that you won't be able to make class anymore.

The forum here is great support, so hopefully this will see you through. Is there no way that one of either you or your wife could make the class? That way it'd only be half the class and once whoever has got to goal, the other one could start going again? Also, have you thought about speaking to your SW C? Perhaps she has a solution that you hadn't thought about - could one of you take the money or help set up or something?

Hope that a solution presents itself - you're doing so well, don't give up!!!

x

It is harder going it alone but it can be done, I've read many success stories on the forum.
We will all be here for support and encouragement and to answer your questions. Don't give up, you have done very well so far and can build on that success.
Chin up, enjoy your Christmas.:dancing_snowman:

Be sure to visit here regularly in the New year, you can do it!!!!:D

Sorry to hear about your redundancy,hope you find something else soon.
There are quite a few on here going it alone good luck x

I was also made redundant, but think that I get the motivation from getting into a nice new suit for my next interview. Best of luck to you both and hope that we can provide some support for you.

Chin up Alcoholiday. I was out of work and group for 4 months before going back to group. It was as though id never left (bar the weight gain)

Thanks guys, I'll still be coming to the forum, it really is a great help.

I've worked at the same place for 11 years, it's going to be strange job hunting again, although I'm still not sure what I want to do, I might even set up on my own yet.

Also, have you thought about speaking to your SW C? Perhaps she has a solution that you hadn't thought about - could one of you take the money or help set up or something?

We are already on the social team, my wife takes the money and I do the weighing. We will be speaking to our Consultant tomorrow before class.

I've worked at the same place for 11 years, it's going to be strange job hunting againQUOTE]

Not as long, but I was made redundant in 1991 from a company I had working for since 1985 (we were 'the success' of the 1980s yuppie period so when that tailed off, so did our business) and I remember now what a shock to the system it was that first day after.

Keeping everything crossed for you x

Oh alc sad to hear your news both job and classwise. It sounds like you are both doing really well SW wise.

That may be the one thing you can be in control of at the moment so it may be a help to keep going with it at home.

Please make sure you still come here and talk to us.

So sorry to hear about your redundancy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll find something soon!
I think the support you get from group is available from everyone on this forum, but the weigh in makes a huge difference to me! I think it would be a good idea if you and your wife went to a supermarket or Boots (somewhere that has scales) and weigh yourself on a set day and time every week, then you can keep on track.

Also, I know a few people in my area have got Slimming World vouchers from the doctors, not sure if this is happening all over the country but it might be worth a shot?

Sorry to hear about your redundancy, i hope you manage to find something soon :)

I too was in the same boat and was made redundant after nearly 7 years service in October and had to quit class due to limited finances. I start my new job on 4th Jan and i can go back to class in the new year so please don't dispair - im sure it wont be for a long period of time.

Im getting my support from here at the moment in the absence of class, it truly is a lifeline for me at the moment with syn querie etc.

Good luck - i hope everything turns out ok.

So sorry to hear about your redundancy and I really hope you find something soon, I agree with whats already been said try not to give up on the diet and keep coming on here you will get loads of support xx

Hiya, so sorry to hear your sad news, redundancy is not good at any time, let alone at Christmas :-( I had to leave my job due to a bcak injury ( i used to be a nurse) and now I live on income support but I stil go to group, as I feel healthwise I have to go, hopefully the more I loose the less my back will hurt, my gp doesnt do sw vouchers but does do excersise referal scheme whre you get 15 weeks free membership for our local gym and pool and a personal trainer to coach you and give a planned routine for the gym,
Sorry again to hear about your redundancy xx I hope you get something soon x

Thanks again guys.

Spoke to our C tonight and she was gutted. She said she wished there was something she could do but because it is all computerised there wasn't.

However, because we enjoy going so much, she has allowed us to carry on going and still be part of the social team. We obviously can't get weighed but can still be part of the group. :)

Thanks again guys.

Spoke to our C tonight and she was gutted. She said she wished there was something she could do but because it is all computerised there wasn't.

However, because we enjoy going so much, she has allowed us to carry on going and still be part of the social team. We obviously can't get weighed but can still be part of the group. :)

That's excellent news...you could both to Boots once a week to get weighed, and then go to class as the social team!

Thought it was about time I updated this thread :rolleyes:

I'm still out of work, suffering from health issues too now. I have continued going to group helping out on the Social Team but I've not been getting weighed. My C started a new group on a Tuesday afternoon and a new C took over her old group. I'm now on the social team at 2 groups.

I've been taking medication and one of the side effects is weight gain, I've been taking Codeine too and one of the side effects of that is to leave you bunged up. I could feel my clothes getting tighter but kept fooling myself saying I was fine. My alcohol intake was also creeping up.

Anyway, last week I threw in the towel and told the wife I was rejoining group, we worked out the finances and it will be a struggle but it's something I need to do. I've joined the Tuesday afternoon group and my C is really pleased.

I weighed in and I'd put 13lb back on, gutted !!!! Anyway, weigh-in tomorrow, fingers crossed :)

good luck with rejoining and i'm sure you will have the extra weight off i no time.

Good luck with finding a new job I know how hard things are at the moment so fingers crossed something will come along soon.

Back