Giving up

Sweetie_Jo

It's day 8 for me and I feel like giving up! I don't like many of the packs and the scales aren't showing a loss!!

I've been sticking to it 100% so I'm confused why the scales have stayed the same for the past 3 days! I was so close going to the chip shop tonight but I know that's not going to help me lose the weight!

Help??

It's day 8 for me and I feel like giving up! I don't like many of the packs and the scales aren't showing a loss!!

I've been sticking to it 100% so I'm confused why the scales have stayed the same for the past 3 days! I was so close going to the chip shop tonight but I know that's not going to help me lose the weight!

Help??

Are you drinking enough water? Do tou do 4 packs? or 3 and protein? Are you havin anything extra that may be keeping you out of ketosis?
Seems strange that day 8 and still showing no loss at all?
Are you doing any exercise?
Maybe try speaking to rob?

http://www.minimins.com/slim-save-diaries/303839-if-first-you-dont-succeed.html

Last edited:
I get weeks where the scales stay the same for 5 days then on 6th they drop the weight. Try not to weigh every day just once a week.

Make sure your drinking enough and measure yourself you'll soon see the inches going

Ignore the scales. I did a full week on Cambridge diet, no cheating and lost nothing. It wasn't even af week & I actually put on inches. I had a great loss the next week. I wanted to pig out after that but didn't. It's something we need to learn not to do but it's blasted hard! Stick with it x

I agree with the others. Measure yourself .Neck,bust,waist,hips,arms,legs. My friend did S&S and registered no lbs loss after a week of being 100% However the inch loss was amazing! Don't let the scales be the be all and end all. Get a tape measure. Hope you don't give up,you have done 8 days and thats fantastic :D Good Luck x

Drink, drink, drink is the first thing I would say and then just order the packs you like. I have received 20 mac cheeses today so will be having it most days this month..... More cheese Gromit? Xx

Yes water is good. I did about 4l a day on CD. Trying the mac tomorrow. Did 69 days on CD on choc tetras & water exclusively so hope this is an improvement :)

Also on day 8 and struggling today for some reason, maybe its the 8 day blues lol. Im trying to get through it by chatting to one of my friends and having a nice bath and pamper, then gonna read a mag and drink lots of water and try and remember why Im doing this. Why did you start this diet? If all else fails go to bed, you cant eat or.think about eating if your asleep!

Yes water is good. I did about 4l a day on CD. Trying the mac tomorrow. Did 69 days on CD on choc tetras & water exclusively so hope this is an improvement :)

I did a month on chocolate tetras! Lol!

stick at it hunni. As everyone has said, measure and keep drinking the water. I swear the water is a major factor in losing the weight x

Were you in Atkins before, Clare? Think I remember you from the board albeit I was there v briefly!

Looking forward to trying the spag bol, and mac cheese. So hoping they taste better than choc tetras ;)

Yeah, I lived on the Atkins board on and off for a year or two! In between a brief visit here and on Cambridge! :)

Haha I've been around the boards a little too ;) are you following a plan at the moment?

I remember you and Clairecat too, lol. Id swear that I could have seen you on the lipotrim board too Claire. Im quite a traveller too from lipotrim to cambridge to exante and then slim and save, haha.

Quick question - do you find the s&s losses same as cd?

Sorry for the thread hijack op, as a vlcd veteran, I promise you're nearly past the worst bit :)

I really beleive that its to do with the amount of weight that has to be lost rather than the particular vlcd. I found that the heavier I was the more that I lost in the first week etc.

I also realise that everytime that I do a vlcd that all the weight goes back on when i stop and i am aware of that but at the same time the boredom of the regular diets would mean that i would never stick with it and in the long run would be a whole hell of a lot bigger so every now and then when i feel its necessary, i do a vlcd . From research, i have yet to find anyone at all who has done a vlcd and not put all the weight on when they started eating again,.

That said, I am happily aware of this and realise that at this stage, I may end up yo yoing for my whole life. Its the body's way of regaining the calories that it was restricted during the vlcd. I felt as though, my brain was forcing me to put it all on again when i was eating normally again as i had a mad hunger for a long time afterwards and NOTHING would stop it but junk no matter how hard i tried, lol.

Aw Jo, it's very disheartening, but don't give up yet...

I agree with the comments above, maybe you aren't drinking enough, maybe it's coming up to the TOTM, something isnt quite right... Talk to the s&s reps on the helpline and see if they can help.

I know that you say that you don't like most of the packs, have you tried say the shakes hot and cold? Have you varied the amount of water that you are adding... In my limited experience I have already found that this can make a massive difference to them

if you are anything like me, if you stop now you will be a stone or even two heavier in a few months time when you manage to motivate yourself to try again at some sort of diet...

Try and remember what your motivation is to lose weight, keep positive and we are here for you to moan at if you need us... and here is a big hug ((((Jo)))) xx

the scales for me shifted over 4lbs less like overnight! it happens eventually

From research, i have yet to find anyone at all who has done a vlcd and not put all the weight on when they started eating again,.
- I did Cambridge May 2009-Feb 2010 & dropped 4.5 stones - I consider myself a maintainer as although I'm heavier now than when I finished CD, I was too skinny then (it hurt my bones to sit on a hard chair) and I'm doing a month of S&S (not exclusively 100%) to lose my Xmas and holiday gain. I put too much effort in to want to go through the whole thing again so that's a big incentive to keep a handle on what I eat now. It also cost me around £1000 at the time and I don't want to have to pay out that kind of money again. Be careful that you're not setting your goal too low - a bmi of 19 is very low (I was around 22 at the end of CD and that was too low for me, so if you're the same type of body shape as me you may be forcing your body to go lower than it can manage)...........Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel now - I stay a (fairly) steady weight due to sticking below 1500 calories every 'normal' day except on days like holidays, invitations out, Xmas etc where, quite frankly, all bets are off!!:D They don't happen too often however..........One more thing - please consider changing your user name to a positive one rather than what it is now - you've actually labelled yourself as a binge-eater which is keeping you anchored in the past rather than focussing on what you want to become xx

Don't give up! It's hard when you can see any losses in numbers, we're so conditioned to live life as a number (size 20, 200lb etc, 36inches, bmi's etc) - just try to go with how your body feels. I know after 3 days on this plan and a couple before on lipotrim, I'm already feeling better in myself and I think you would if you try not to focus on the numbers xxx

Back