Giving yourself a leeway

I shall feel awful if I put the weight on again. I can't bear to read the 'returners' section of this site. I can see myself there so easily. It scares me.

Snap in the fact of it scares me - to the core...sooo almost 6 stone down, another 1 stone to a healthy BMI goal...and I just don't want to go backwards at all. I have so much to learn still, I realise this all, but I definitely have the best teachers/theorists in you all!

Some fear is natural I know I was scared stiff of maintenance but then I decided to face the fear and believe in myself. I always had the mindset throughout SS that I could do this and it helped me so much I decided to take the same attitude to maintenance, I could and would succeed, no questions, no doubt. I know it is over simplifying it but never under estimate the power of the mind, believe it and achieve it hun.

xx

I really really want to Porgeous, but I am full of doubts. My head hasn't caught up with my body yet - I've written several times that I didn't think I ever would/could lose weight....and I have yet to discover any 'power in my mind,' I hope it's there. Thanks for the encouragement though.

Snap in the fact of it scares me - to the core...sooo almost 6 stone down, another 1 stone to a healthy BMI goal...and I just don't want to go backwards at all. I have so much to learn still, I realise this all, but I definitely have the best teachers/theorists in you all!

Yep, I agree. Lets hold hands and and face it together Alex! I so need minimins. I would never, ever have done this without you all. Now - as Lizz says - the 'future and beyond' !!! Well something a bit like that.

Yep, I agree. Lets hold hands and and face it together Alex! I so need minimins. I would never, ever have done this without you all. Now - as Lizz says - the 'future and beyond' !!! Well something a bit like that.

Well from your stats we are heading the same way, both within 14lbs of that 'big' goal, and then to maintenance.

I do agree with Porgeous, belief has got to be a big factor, but mini's has definitely been a life saver, I really have learnt to post at the good and bad times, and to use the bad days as learning curves and that really without having some bad days I wouldn't have learnt as much as I have done, so in that sense I am pleased to have had them. (I just don't fancy any or many more) I have my birthday next week where I know I have a planned day off, then I need to get straight back on...that's where I seem to struggle, I find that I plan to get back on the day after, but it seems to take me more than just 1 day to get back on the wagon...not the way it should be.

I have my birthday next week where I know I have a planned day off, then I need to get straight back on...that's where I seem to struggle, I find that I plan to get back on the day after, but it seems to take me more than just 1 day to get back on the wagon...not the way it should be.

oddly, i dont seem to be too bad with this, after chocolate-gate as i now call it, i quite happily went straight back on plan. Tomorrow i have a wedding to go to so will be making my own choices...however, sunday....straight back on plan...no questions asked! however, i do think a birthday is a little different hun!
Sometimes you need to give yourself some leeway mentally....its not about giving in to all temptation, but accepting that if you make the choice to come off plan, and that results in a change in the scales, that it doesnt mean your on a downward spiral heading for the returners board, it just means you slightly detoured down the scenic route to goal for a week!

I know those chocs will have made me put on...now whatever the scales show tomorrow, i have to face up to! I made the choice and i accept it! After all, they were yummy!

I've literally just been having this chat with my mum about this.....becuase i see this as being "normal".....even now on route to goal and maintenance...!

The one thing i dont want to happen post CD is that calorie counting etc take over my life....!
I would like an awareness,but not turn it into an obsession.

does any of that make sense? lol

xx

Back