GL

Yeye

Silver Member
Sorry I know this isn't the correct place to post this but, somewhere on this forum was a discussion about GL and I asked if anyone could recommend a book for post LT and I can't find it :-( So just a quickie to hear of any recommendations? I feel quite anxious about eating again, it is a way off but I feel I need to prepare for it. My eating was out of control before LT and I am determined to continue on my weight loss journey! X

I hear ya, im refeeding in the next couple of weeks & im very nervous, thats why im joining W.W. to relearn how to eat properly

I'm so interested to learn more about GL too:-D

Folks there is a GL forum here on minimins. Not much activity on it but some of the old threads have good info. Ive posted a diary on there too. The links are here on my signature.
I think I posted a reply on the 100% thread about reading on GL. I'd suggest anything by Nigel Denby which is easy yo read. Patrick Holford is also great if you want a more in-depth read. His GL cookery book also has a good summary of GL.
GL is basically about healthy eating whilst restricting foods that spike your blood sugar. These include processed foods, root veg, high carbs.

Thank u Molly x

I've just ordered the Nigel Denby one :)

Yep, I like the Nigel Denby one as lots of it sticks in your mind. Also watch portion sizes very carefully. He talks about using what fits in your cupped hand but I weighed everything for a few weeks till I got comfortable recognising the correct amounts.

Back