Glad to see in this month's mag that....

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
...the 7 day plan is Original/Green based!

Don't get me wrong, EE is a fantastic plan but for those of us on red and/or green, it's nice to get some new ideas too without having to tweak to suit! xx

Thats fantastic, i must admit the magazine has been geared more towards EE over the last year or so. Like you say EE is great but so are Red and Green days. Infact after following EE for nearly a year i am really enjoying having some Red and Green days.

Didn't go to group this week just bought my copy of the new magazine on way home from work. Can't wait till kids are in bed and i can have a good read.

I have to say that the egg and pepper loaf on p75 is amazing!

I made mine with mushrooms and leeks, I could have stood and eaten the whole thing....not sure how that works out as red or green but you have to give it a go!

:D

I have to say that the egg and pepper loaf on p75 is amazing!

I made mine with mushrooms and leeks, I could have stood and eaten the whole thing....not sure how that works out as red or green but you have to give it a go!
:D

I've had this for tea, very nice, OH doesn't like peppers so he put in spinach & cabbage which worked very well & served it with salad.

Only thing I noticed with this month's mag is there seemed to be quite a few 'consultants' before & after features:cool:.

Also great to see dishes for one in there too...

It's all very well being able to freeze most dishes - but you still got to buy the ingredients for 4 people and sometimes it's either not possible or not economical to break receipies down to smaller servings. (and my freezer is nearly always full anyhow).

Now - a one dish book please Slimming World. (rather then one pot cooking book). :)

Love this thread, maybe there could be a magazine discussion thread for every issue?

I've just started doing red days & fancy trying a few green over the next week or two so thats brilliant news. I've just texted hubby & asked him to get me a copy in tescos :D

...the 7 day plan is Original/Green based!

Don't get me wrong, EE is a fantastic plan but for those of us on red and/or green, it's nice to get some new ideas too without having to tweak to suit! xx

I totally agree, always been a lover of the green plan so its amazing to see recipes based on red and green instead of all EE x

IanH said:

It's all very well being able to freeze most dishes - but you still got to buy the ingredients for 4 people and sometimes it's either not possible or not economical to break receipies down to smaller servings. (and my freezer is nearly always full anyhow).

Now - a one dish book please Slimming World. (rather then one pot cooking book). :)

I second this - more meals for one plz!!

I thiught that it was interesting to see 2 people at 5' 5", , both at Target but one being a target of 9st and the other being a target of 11st 1lb. They both look gorgeous.

I SO agree with this IanH. Buying and cooking ingredients for four isn't economical when you end up not liking the dish and it goes in the bin!
COOKING FOR ONE please SW!

I SO agree with this IanH. Buying and cooking ingredients for four isn't economical when you end up not liking the dish and it goes in the bin!
COOKING FOR ONE please SW!

I think that it is equally important that the magazine and cook books appeal to all. The magazine should have recipes for one and also some for four.

I think Ian H's idea of a cook book with meals for one is brilliant, maybe you should email SW and suggest this.

Back