Gleesa's Weight Loss Diary...

Put on half a lb. Really gutted. I know its only half a lb but im still really upset

Hey hun, I really understand where you're coming from with this. Last week I put on half a pound and I was truly and utter gutted, I thought I'd done quite well.

However don't panic, this week I lost 5lb! So don't give up, hard work is never wasted. I had a little mishap with a chocolate fondant on Monday so I'm dreading my weigh in next Monday but I'm trying to work extra hard at the gym and trying to keep to 5-7 syns a day this week to hopefully cancel it out.

I feel a bit better about it. I spoke to my consultant and found out I'd been making a few little mistakes that could potentially be quite a few syns so I'm looking at it as a learning curve. I think I might have been cutting a few corners without realising so I'm on it 100% from now on.

I just got home from tesco and nearly bought some hot and spicy chicken that I thought would be free. Double checked on the app and found out they were 10.5 syns!!! Really glad I checked.

At the end of the day 1/2 a pound isn't the worst thing in the world, I just need to be focused on the plan. I've had a syn free day today so far, just going to tuck in to my 2 syn tea. yum

I'm a little less prepared today :( With my OH being away, I really struggled to sleep so I got up late. The cat chewed through my phone charger last night as well so I have to leave for work early so I can buy a new one and I dont have time to make any lunch. There's a little take away food shp near I work that gives weight watchers point and slimming world syns on everything on the menu so I'm going to try something from there.Although I have prepared my tea so thats one thing :) Here's to 100% day two

Having an awful day... Cried at my boss and now i want to eat a lot of pizza

Having an awful day... Cried at my boss and now i want to eat a lot of pizza

Sorry you're having a bad day, can understand how ur feeling. I'm having an awful time at work at the moment and its just making me want to eat rubbish. The only thing that is keeping me on plan is the thought that if I fall of the wagon because of them, then they have beaten me... and thats just not my style. I hope you have a nice evening xx

Feeling proud of myself for making a smash pizza last night instead of getting one from the take away :)
Also feeling very motivated today :)

There's a recipe for it in the recipe thread. I was dubious and had my purse and coat ready for when it failed but I actually enjoyed it. You make up a bag of smash but with less water than the instructions say (I just added it a little at a time until it was one big ball of thick mash) then roll it out really thin and put it on a baking tray. Bake until it starts going crispy, turn it over and do the same. When it's crispy and golden on both sides, put some toppings on, sprickle with HEa cheese and bake until it looks good. For the tomato sauce i blended up half a tin of chopped tomatoes and stirred in some mixed herbs. For the topping I had chopped mushrooms and I dry fried some extra lean lamb mince with a bit of Worcestershire sauce. I'm thinking about doing a ham and sweetcorn one for my lunch haha

I'm still craving a takeaway. I think a lot of this is because my OH is away. I love cooking for him so I don't mind the effort but it just seems boring when I'm only cooking for myself. I'm also still struggling for motivation after my little gain. I keep swaying between being REALLY motivated and having no motivation at all.

In an attempt to be more organised I've planned a load of meals and put them all on little pieces of paper which I've stuck in a bowl on top of my fridge. Everyday I'm going to get my OH to pick one out :). Here's the list:

CHICKEN KIEV WITH JACKET POTATO AND ROAST VEG
FRIED CHICKEN
MUSHY PEA CURRY
CHICKEN, LEEK AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH BAKE
LAMB AND MINT MEATBALLS
SMASH PIZZA
GOAT CURRY
SHEPHERDS PIE
TUNA FISH CAKES
MEXICAN LAMB CASSEROLE
SAUSAGE, MASH & GRAVY
HOMEMADE BURGER WITH SLIMMING WORLD CHIPS AND SALAD
FISH PIE
CHICKPEA DAHL LOAF
ROAST CHICKEN LEG WITH VEG

If anyone wants any of the recipes, just let me know :)

That is such an awesome idea! And so very organised of you! My dad is a curry fiend so having a bowl of ideas would help us not just default back to curry several times per week!

I know what you mean about the motivation thing, when i split up with my other half i just didnt see the point of making a meal just for me when i could have a chinese!! haha

I hope you dont mind me pinching your ideas!

Kate x

Mushy pea curry sounds tasty, but doubt my OH would agree. Might be one for when he is away :) what do u serve it with Gleesa?

I've not done it before but I'm not telling my OH it's a mushy pea curry lol. The slip of paper just says 'curry'. I'm going to do it with rice and some 1 syn samosas I'm attempting this afternoon.

I've been out (in the pouring rain) to get the rest of my shopping so we have no excuses not to cook. We have everything we need for the list and more. Plus I just splashed out on loads of herbs and spices :D

I'm going for the cauliflour option instead I think!

|I just found myself browsing the dominos website. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

My OH just rung me to say he's waiting for his train home and do I want a pizza for tea? lol.

Back