Gleessa's Food Diary

gleessa

So, here I am again. I had a break for a while and put on everything I lost plus a little bit more.

I was kind of ok with this until I had a conversation with my boyfriend's 4 year old daughter who told me that her Mum has the same coat as me but her's is smaller because she is much skinnier than I am. This is true, her mum is skinnier. It was heart breaking to think that the little one can make this distinction though. She starts school next month and I have these horrible visions of her writing things like 'my daddy's girlfriend is called Sarah. She has brown hair. She is fat'.

I dont want her to think of me like that. More importantly though, I dont want her to think that it's alright to be overweight. I want her to see me lose this weight so she can understand that being fat is not a good thing. I want her to have a good, healthy relationship with her food and understand that treats are ok but she needs to eat good stuff as well. The problem is, i can't expect her to understand that if all I do is stuff my big fat face full of sweets and crisps and take-aways.

I'm 25 years old have a serious problem with one of my ankles. This isn't helped by my weight. I recently learnt that putting on 1 lb of weight adds 4 lbs of pressure to your feet. I'm hoping to have some operations in the near future to help my ankle but can't expect them to work successfully with me being so over weight. I need to lose this weight to reduce the pressure on my bag leg. It will also mean that my recovery time is easier and quicker.

This weight needs to come off. It needs to come off for me. It needs to come off for my partner who I'm sure is more than fed up of having a fat, miserable girlfriend and it needs to come off for his little girl, who I want to see me as a normal person, not a fat one.

Good luck hun im also "starting again" after a few failed attempts seem to lose a stone n put it all back on ( and more) this time tho im determined to do it for myself and my llittle girl!!! 18 wks till xmas = 18 wks to get slim!!!!!

Ace. it's always good to know someone else is in the same boat as me. Let me know if you need any support :)

I got told at the hospital today that I need to lose loads of weight. This has made me feel sad and like I want to eat everything I shouldn't.

Back