Glorious Skinny Soup - Syns Please

teresa32uk

Silver Member
I have just picked three of these up from Morrison's they were £1 a tub and i wondered if anyone knew how many syns.

I have the Fragrant Thai Carrot and Lemongrass, New England Butternut Squash and Goan Spiced Tomato and Lentil.

For 1/2 tub they are only 150 cals and all the ingredients are free food.

Goan Spiced Tomato and Lentil info
Energy 642kj
Cals 153
Protein 6.3g
Carbohydrates 24.3g
Of which is sugar 7.8g
Fat 3.3g
of which saturates 0.3g
Fibre 3.6g

Hope someone can help as they look yum and i hoping they are a really low syn find.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Glorious Skinny Soup, Fragrant Thai Carrot & Lemongrass, chilled 600g pot[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
15½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 15½ Syns
green.gif
Green 15½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Glorious Skinny Soup, New England Butternut Squash, chilled 600g pot

extraeasy.gif
13½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 13½ Syns
green.gif
Green 13½ Syns

Glorious Skinny Soup, Goan Spiced Tomato & Lentil, chilled 600g pot

extraeasy.gif
15½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 15½ Syns
green.gif
Green 15½ Syns

does anyone know why the syns are so high in this?. it seems absurd that if make it myself with the same ingredients(leaving out the oil) that it then becomes a free food

glorious skinny soup

hi, if you have the latest slimming world mag it will tell you that one of those soups in a healthy extra per half the tub, not sure which one, (think its the lentil but not 100%, but if you dont have the answer by tomorrow i can find out. my mag is at work :)

sorry for the late reply, thanks for the info guys. i ended making the goan soup myself it was yummers :), made it a second time and it was yuckers :( knew i should have measured the ingredients the first time.

I can't see them on the website as a Hex yet, but then the list is very long and mixed up!

Bought soup seems such a waste of syns because you can make it completely free yourself. Make up a batch and leave it in the fridge or freeze it.

gutted, I just bought a pot from asda thinking 'how bad can it be?' - good job I had pasta N sauce for lunch and decided to check the syns when I got home! Thats something for OHs lunch tomorrow then..

I did the same - needed something could just warm through as have come down with a killer cold. Never mind - will chuck the other half out and make some tomato and rice soup tomorrow morning and put lots of basil from my plant on the windowsill in it. I usually make my own soups anyway, so no problemo.

These soups will be high, because ready made soup does not qualify for any free food allowance, so it is a straight 1 syn for every 20 calories.

You are better off making your own and saving your syns

It's an absolutely shocking amount of syns for something that's low calorie and fat! I know about the thickeners and stuff but still... Shocker!

That's where I got mine for lunch cos it was £1!

Try Morrisons Souper Food soups, there is a Vegetable one and a Spicy Lentil one and they are free on Green and EE. You will find them with the tinned soups. they were next to the microwaveable Big Soups in my Morrisons. They are in a white tub with asilver lid and 97p each :) xxx

Try Morrisons Souper Food soups, there is a Vegetable one and a Spicy Lentil one and they are free on Green and EE. You will find them with the tinned soups. they were next to the microwaveable Big Soups in my Morrisons. They are in a white tub with asilver lid and 97p each :) xxx

See this post

Best east the 5 tubs in my fridge then before i get officially on board with sw on wednesday.. I thought they were 1syn - 20 kcal, there 210kcal a tub so that would be 11 syns tops?

I don't know how i'll ever get my head around this!

Back