Gluten Free Slimming World?

Hi all,

I hope you don`t mind me crashing your board :)

I am currently supposed to be doing CD 1000(ish) plan, But is more or less healthy eating with a couple of tetras a day thrown in.

I have been considering trying SW, But when I have looked at the free menu suggestions, There isn`t really much that I can eat?

I have to be gluten/wheat free, But when I typed it into the search on the SW site, It didn`t give me any options at all and just gave me recipes containing foods that I can`t eat :(

Has anyone else who is gluten/wheat free done this diet and been successful? I don`t really want to pay and commit to something that I`m going to fail at :(

Thanks,

LiSe x

hi lise didnt want to read and run xx cant offer any advice but im sure sw can be adapted to be gluten free not 100% sure what foods you cant have sorry.
im sure someone will reply soon x

im also joining sw this wednesday after being on cd for 12 weeks at dr's say so its really messing me around. i did post on the cd forum but only goreygril replied bless her, it feels as if you get pushed out of there if your no longer on cd. hope to see you around xx

Last edited:
My husband is ceoliac so gluten free and although he doesn't need sw (skinny git!!) he eats the same as me, he gets pasta bread etc on prescription from doctors so uses that instead but you can buy gf pasta etc, and to be honest sw discourages bread, flour etc so it's pretty simple to follow as gf x

I'm gluten free and in sw and not had a problem at all! Some gf bread you can have as a healthy extra B and you can eat all the fruit/veg/rice/potato/rice noodles. I'm never hungry and it keeps me away from gf cakes etc as high syn. If u need any more help just ask

hi lise didnt want to read and run xx cant offer any advice but im sure sw can be adapted to be gluten free not 100% sure what foods you cant have sorry.
im sure someone will reply soon x

im also joining sw this wednesday after being on cd for 12 weeks at dr's say so its really messing me around. i did post on the cd forum but only goreygril replied bless her, it feels as if you get pushed out of there if your no longer on cd. hope to see you around xx

Good luck with it x The other diet I was considering was RC as I need to exercise more than I need to diet and for the £6 I would get both. You also get portion control pots etc when you join which I think would really help as my portion control probably is wrong too lol

I only bob on and off the cd forum, Haven`t been ignoring you, Sorry x

My husband is ceoliac so gluten free and although he doesn't need sw (skinny git!!) he eats the same as me, he gets pasta bread etc on prescription from doctors so uses that instead but you can buy gf pasta etc, and to be honest sw discourages bread, flour etc so it's pretty simple to follow as gf x

Thanks for the advice :) I try not to eat too much gf bread etc as my body has a love/hate relationship with carbs and I balloon with them :sigh:

I was just a bit concerned that even though I can substitute for gf pasta/bread etc, The cals/fats etc are different in them to "normal" food, So will I still gain from the diet? x

I'm gluten free and in sw and not had a problem at all! Some gf bread you can have as a healthy extra B and you can eat all the fruit/veg/rice/potato/rice noodles. I'm never hungry and it keeps me away from gf cakes etc as high syn. If u need any more help just ask

Hi there :)

Please can you tell me which gf bread is acceptable? I only eat the brown Genius bread.

Thankyou so much for the offer of help, If I`m honest, All this Hex B, Red days, Green days etc sounds a bit daunting :confused: lol

Xx

We eat all gf pasta etc as it's easier and consultant says its fine so think you will be ok x

Thankyou everyone for your advice and help x

I have decided for now, To join a RC class though I will follow my own healthy eating plan as it incorporates a 45 min work out/dance class into the meeting and I`ll still have the discipline of being weighed :D

I`m hoping that upping my exercise will help with the weight loss as that is most of my problem rather than food.

Good luck to you all in your journeys Xxx

Back