gnocchi and ready made polenta

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gonabslim79, 20 April 2009 Social URL.

1. gonabslim79

gonabslim79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Diet:
    which day is it?
    bought these as an inpulse buy.... not sure what to do with them...any ideas??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(3.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and 5:2 (not together)
    The block of polenta - I would slice it into 5-10mm thick slices, and 'fry', grill or ideally griddle (to make stripes) and then top a couple of slices with either creamy mushrooms (obviously using vlf products!!) or a bolognese style tomato sauce. Also good with parmesan if you have a HE available.

I love gnocci - (it has syns though!) - either as a side dish (like you would potato) with a pork chop and veg etc ... or even better is to make it as a 'bake' - heat it through in boiling water, cook some broc/sweetcorn etc, then mix everything together with a tomato or cheese style sauce. Bake in the oven and serve with a salad - very filling!

4. BikerAngel

BikerAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have never had the block polenta and the gnocci was a disaster when I made it as left too long in pan and it went soggy so never tried again as the stuff we had in germany that was home made was so good now't would be on par with that.

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love the polenta with a cooked breakfast and fried egg on the top. It's useful if you don't want to use a HEB for bread.

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Is the ready made polenta block free ladies?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.