Go Lower Diet

susyq27

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know what an amazing experience I'm having on the Go Lower diet which is a Low Carb diet that's so easy to follow.

The food is delivered in batches every couple of weeks and it's so tasty and easy to prepare. I work and live in London so I have a pretty hectic social life but this diet has slotted in perfectly.

With your consultant at Go Lower and all the members in the forum, you always feel supported.

I've only been doing it four weeks and I've lost over a stone and dropped a dress size from a 12 to a 10.

I can't recommend this diet enough!!!

Hi there, well done on losing:). Had a look at the diet website and does look really good. I know some people struggle when they first go low carb and looks like the support they give could be really useful. I also like that the whole plan is to enable people to maintain after the weight loss with a new way of eating.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

this is good to hear susieq. well done on your weight loss and new dress size. you must be really pleased.
ive hust started golower, day 2. must say i was pleased and relieved that the meals taste nice (apart from the broccoli n cheese soup.....an acquired taste) but so far it seems easy.

Are you now on maintenance?

regards

Kat1e. How are you? did you go for golower ? I know you were thinking about it previously, just wondered how you've gone on. I think its similar to Atkins so when Ive finished the twelve weeks I may continue with Atkins.

Im on day four now, meals are nice so far. Ive been having hot sweats ( and im passed jthe age for those! Lol). Had erm a fair amount of wind (blush) and been going to the loo a fair mount, but have put that down to drinking a lot. could I be on the cusp of ketosis?

Be nice to hear how everyones getting on. Best wishes all. Alison. ;0)

When I started ketosis with Atkins it was headaches, tiredness and bad achy muscles. Feel great now I'm through it though.

Great success

Hi

I'm doing go lower too but haven't had that amount of weight loss any week. It's been a steady 1-2lbs a week - any suggestions?

tv13

Vampyra said:
Kat1e. How are you? did you go for golower ? I know you were thinking about it previously, just wondered how you've gone on. I think its similar to Atkins so when Ive finished the twelve weeks I may continue with Atkins.

Im on day four now, meals are nice so far. Ive been having hot sweats ( and im passed jthe age for those! Lol). Had erm a fair amount of wind (blush) and been going to the loo a fair mount, but have put that down to drinking a lot. could I be on the cusp of ketosis?

Be nice to hear how everyones getting on. Best wishes all. Alison. ;0)

Hi alison, just spotted that i missed your post. Hope all still going well as that does indeed sound like the beginning of ketosis

For my side, i am now at goal and maintaining having done it all on atkins - but think it would have been a great option. In particular i went through a phase a few years ago when i was working like crazy when i had healthy diet food delivered - problem was it wasnt low carb so i didnt lose;)

tv13 said:
Hi

I'm doing go lower too but haven't had that amount of weight loss any week. It's been a steady 1-2lbs a week - any suggestions?

tv13

Hi tv, 1-2 lbs a week is perfect for ongoing weightloss. Cant see your stats from ipad, but people typically only get a whoosh first week if they are very carbed up or very overweight. Keep going!

If you look at my diary about second post i've listed my weekly losses - those 1-2s add up nicely:)

Good luck!

Hi Kat1e
Thanks for the confidence boost. And congrats on your success. I am hoping to achieve similar in just under a year - ready for a wonderful holiday to Cuba in November.
tv13

Hi, I did golower two and a half years ago and lost 30lbs to get down to goal weight. I found the food hard to eat though as i was so used to eating really good homemade stuff, the breakfast cerial which was delicious at first made me feel sick by week 4. In a way this was a good thing as it made me really creative about cooking for myself. i started with making my own breakfast, omlet, scrabbled eggs, a flaxseed pancake or hot berries and yoghurt. Doing the packaged meals strictly for the first three weeks or so really helped with my disipline, portion control and my hunger completely disappared. i lost a stone in the first three weeks.

Though i dont intend to go back onto go lower to loose my final stone, i would certainly recommend it to people who dont know much about low carb diets, i learned so much!

Hi, I'm on day 4 of the Go Lower diet. Happy with the food but I am feeling very hungary. Is it ok to eat extra protein and still have a high weight loss?

Hi, yes absolutely you can snack, in fact i would recommend it! It stops you from getting hungry and away from temptation. Some of the best snack are...

Plain chicken/turkey
Boiled egg
Tuna
Egg mayo
Tuna mayo
these have pretty close to zero carbs so are unlimited, also if you control amounts you can have.

Cheese (size of a babybell)
Celery
Peanut butter (check carbs)
Low calorie jelly (again check lable, i found one that is 0.1g)
Melon
Natural yoghurt
Berries
Nuts

One of my staples now if i am craving a dessert is hot chocolate made with cocoa, splenda and milk.

I am sneaky too as i can sometimes get away with a light chocolate mousse for about 8g.

Don't let yourself get hungry! Drink drink drink your water! After a while on go lower my hunger vanished to the point where i had to remind myself to eat. I got so used to eating the food that when i had a day off and ate some really rich (but still low carb) food it gave me stomach cramps!

Good luck, hope this helps!

Bug X

Back