Goal Weight

louizey

Hi everyone, has anyone ever set their goal weight, and as they have progressed with the SW plan, changed it?

My goal is 10st 5lbs, i am quite 'booby' (this has never gone down, and i was 14st last year), so i am not sure this will dissapear much as i get closer to target. Already i wana get closer to the 10st mark, but as my friends have said, wait and see how you feel.... i havent been 10st since high school prob!

Just wondering if anyone else lowers their target as they go?

yes I'm pretty sure a lot of people do this. it might be that they have a particular figure in mind when they start out but as time progresses they realise that its perhaps not realistic. Or conversely it may have been a long time since they were what would be considered a healthy weight, or perhaps never been if they have been overweight all their life. They may get to their target and realise that they would like to go a bit lower than they first thought. Me? I must admit to not having a target in mind really. I had thought I would aim for the weight I was when I reached target last time but its coming off differently this time - I'm losing inches faster than pounds - so I am a bit concerned that I might look a bit scraggy at that weight. but I have another couple of stone to go so will just see how it goes. :)

I was 15 stone last February and wearing size 16-18. I wanted to be 11 stone and in size 12s. I never really thought I could loose 4 stone and realistically thought it would be more like 12 stone and a size 14. However, today I hit my target!! I am 11 stone exactly and size 12 bottoms and 10/12 top. I just can't believe it! I have always been big so I reckon it's been about 15 years since I've been this size! My boobs were huge too but did eventually go down!

You can totally reach your target :)))

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I was 15 stone last February and wearing size 16-18. I wanted to be 11 stone and in size 12s. I never really thought I could loose 4 stone and realistically thought it would be more like 12 stone and a size 14. However, today I hit my target!! I am 11 stone exactly and size 12 bottoms and 10/12 top. I just can't believe it! I have always been big so I reckon it's been about 15 years since I've been this size! My boobs were huge too but did eventually go down!

well done x

I set my target originally as 11st, as something to aim towards. That was the last weight I ever remembered being when I felt remotely slim, and before I piled on lots of weight to end up at 16st 7lbs. Anyway, I have now re-set my target at 10st, and if I am honest, will lower it again when I get there as I can feel in myself that I still have more weight to lose. I do SW online and you can change your target whenever you want.

I don't think you can really know what weight you really want to be until you hit your initial goal. I knew at 11st that I still wanted to lose more, but prior to getting there I was pretty sure I didn't want to be less than 11st, if that makes sense?

I set my goal at 11st 5lb as it would give me a healthy Bmi of 24.9 but I'm now 5.5 lb off and I'm considering dropping it into the 10s as I don't feel like I'm done ... I'm gonna get to the goal I set n just let my weight find its own natural weight whilst keeping my healthy balanced diet

I initially set my target as 11st then lowered it to 10st 12lbs, then changed it back to 11st, then 11st 2lbs, before settling on 11st 5lbs.
As soon as I hit 11st 12lbs, the weight has come off very slowly, proving to me that my body has settled at its natural weight. I'm now 1lbs away from target and I'm happy there.
I will be below my pre-wedding weight and that's what I wanted!
You will know when you get there x

thansk for your comments guys, i know where each of you are coming from. cant wait until i get there then! :D

It's very hard to decide. Last time I did SW I got to 11st and felt good but wanted to lose more weight. Then I lapsed and have gone up to 12st5.5 and now 11st seems so skinny! I always wanted to see what I look like at 10st so I'll see this time. To be honest though, this time around being fit and toned is more important to me than the number on the scale. I'd like to be about a size 12 but strong and fit, rather than "skinnyfat."

Hi everyone, has anyone ever set their goal weight, and as they have progressed with the SW plan, changed it?

My goal is 10st 5lbs, i am quite 'booby' (this has never gone down, and i was 14st last year), so i am not sure this will dissapear much as i get closer to target. Already i wana get closer to the 10st mark, but as my friends have said, wait and see how you feel.... i havent been 10st since high school prob!

Just wondering if anyone else lowers their target as they go?
I have changed my target so many times!! When I joined SW I would have been happy at 9st 5lb, at the time it seemed so far away, When I got to target I changed my mind and just carried on with the plan until I got to a point where I felt comfy, The only difference now is that I have increased my HE A B choice's. I even tried chip shop chips once I HATED them!! So hopefully my eating habits are with me for life and the slimmer figure :) x

I've never been slim so I don't know how it would look and feel on me! I've picked 10st for now, but gues I can re-evaluate as I get closer x

I have changed my target so many times!! When I joined SW I would have been happy at 9st 5lb, at the time it seemed so far away, When I got to target I changed my mind and just carried on with the plan until I got to a point where I felt comfy, The only difference now is that I have increased my HE A B choice's. I even tried chip shop chips once I HATED them!! So hopefully my eating habits are with me for life and the slimmer figure :) x

haha i love that about chippy chips! my friend came into mines on wednesday with a chippy - and even the smell didnt make me wana pinch one!

my chinese curry craving has yet to go mind you, although i have abstained for 5 weeks, my longest ever!

Fabulous, well done!

Back