Gobolinos WW diary :)

Stewed fruit is lovely, but it does mean that you can eat quite alot of fruit in one session (which I guess isnt so good, but fine every now and again) !!!!

I can post up the bean bake on the weekend if you like, it had the beans, celery, onion, garlic, carrots, butternut squash and potatoes.

Well, I've eaten alot today but have had a couple of successes too! I've just come back from the supermarket shopping, aldi and sainsburys...... I picked up a banquet meal for 2 and put it back, I picked up a reduced walnut loaf that looked absolutely gorgeous then remembered I'm trying to avoid bread (although I'd said to myself I'd eat one slice, but in the back of my mind knew it wouldnt turn out that way), SO, I put that back too. Instead I treated myself to some strawberry and cream tea :)

Here's today:

B- porridge, skimmed milk, tinned peaches

D-broccoli soup, pasta and beany chilli, 2 scan bran with banana

sn- cucumber sticks, apple, banana

T- jacket potato, 35g cheese (points!), sweetcorn and beans, ww rice pud (1.5points)

Fridays plan - woo hoo Friday :)

B- porridge, skimmed milk

D- egg (2 large eggs!) and cottage cheese salad,
fruit salad (mango, strawberries, grapes, kiwi, passion fruit)

snacks- cucumber and carrot sticks, apple, banana, milk in tea

T- green veg risotto (I'm trying a good food recipe that you cook in the microwave, will report back if its any good), salad?

Sounds like u have done really well! It always feels good when u have resisted the things not on plan so well done!
U have a good day planned for tomorrow! When do u Wi?

You are doing great and well done on the resisting. It's sooo hard going into ships and thinking oooh I'd like to try that but knowing that there's trying it and then eating a whole pack! X

Mmmmm its all gone wrong. Apart from my healthy food in work, I also had a pack of belvita breakfast biscuits and a pack of go ahead biscuits :( Then in from work and waiting for hubby to come home for tea, I've had some aldi 70 calorie bars (5 of them!), a couple of digestives and a few poppy seed crackers :(

Grrrrr, its a fine balance itsnt it. I've gone a bit mad and had a wobble, hopefully back on track with a vengence over the weekend. I'm back at sw class on monday to weigh in (I called target 4 weeks ago, even though I really want to lose more, I just dont want to pay anymore!), I'll probably be out of target range and will have to pay :( Pants!

Ah hon don't feel too bad. I do this lots and then get annoyed cos for what I've eaten I could've had a real treat! Don't worry, you've had so many good days, today is a blip, nothing more. Keep at it and you'll be fine. Xx

Thanks :) I wish I could see it as clearly as you, just like a blip, but when you look at it yourself you see it like its the worst thing and you're never any good at the healthy eating plan etc etc. I ended up going out with hubby to the supermarket to pick up a lovely pudding to have aswell! Grrrrrrrr, its annoying. I need to just forgive myself and move on! Have just had hubby look at my bike, so at least I can get out on that for a change (its been in the shed for a couple of years!!!!!).

But that's why this forum is good and gives you some perspective and support. Don't worry about yesterday and try again today. At least you are trying and all the good days and good choices will reflect on your weight in the long term cos you aren't eating bad 100% of the time! You've done well for most of the week. It'll be fine. When is your WI? X

My weigh in is on monday night. I dont think its going to be good news, but I'm oddly looking forward to the result and using it as motivation! I do need to to declare war on the naughties as they are really driving me off the rails at the slightest taste - I have to go cold turkey right now just to remain in control. I'm going to check out a few nice things in my eat wisely book to get the points. I'm going to make a little list of nice things ready for when I want to eat off-list..... eg things that are low point AND not binge trigger foods. Walnuts, dried apricots, pinenuts, sunflower seeds....... at least eating these will keep me on plan, while allowing me to eat 'off-list' :) Going to bed now to have a think about what I've done (only joking, off to bed to give tomorrows menu a bit of thought!).

Haha bless you. I love dried apricots and fruit and nuts and I try to portion it out but sometimes overheat them but I kinda think that doesn't matter so much as better for you then crisps and chocolate etc.
My WI is also on Monday and like you I'm anxious to know what I weigh so that I know what I'm working towards. I'm less than a stone til goal (or I was) and want to see what the damage is- I often find seeing the scales gives me a kick up the backside! Sleep well. X

Me and the hovis wholemeal thick need to get a divorce - ASAP !!!!!!

I'm such a baby with setting target, really I wanted to lose more but found it so frustrating just losing adn gaining the same pound I decided just to call target after losing only 10lb. I think part of me rebels against the whole idea of class (I joined sw jan11) but at the same time I like to gather all the info. I'm tempted to join a ww class but I know its only that I'll feel I'm doing something towards my goal by throwing money at it and really I need to change my whole attitude and realise that I need to do this for me and me alone (not because I'll feel bad in class if I dont lose, not because I want some stupid stickers on my book and even not because I just dont want to pay for class anymore). Oh it really is a love hate relationship!!!!

I'm yet to post up my magic list of goodies that are off the SF/core list but good for me. I too would happily overindulge in these foods too and justify that its definitely not as bad as eating chocolate :) Its very true!

Ok, I've just realised that the books I'm using are from when the plan was called SWITCH. So going on those points, here's my list of goodies for me to refer to:

For 1 point:
50g dried apricots
2 brazil nuts
10 cashew nuts
25g currants
10 hazelnuts
20g museli
1 oatcake
10g peanut butter!
10g pinenut kernels
10g poppy seeds
50g prunes
10g pumpkin seeds
30g raisins
8g sesame seeds
30g sultanas
10g sunflower seeds
9g walnut halves (or 3 walnut halves)

Sounds like a nice flapjack recipe :D

Just being upfront and reporting another rubbish day! I promise to be more with it next week and have some diaries worth a look at :) Will be doing some cooking later on for the week ahead so fingers crossed that'll get be back to feeling like sticking with it :)

Don't worry hon, you'll get there. Organisation is key for me and have to be in the right frame of mind to have everything ready and not just making it up on the day. So making some food in advance sounds like a good plan. My target for this week is to get back into exercise, always a struggle, hated PE at school and still associate exercise with that negativity even though I quite enjoy it once I get going.
Enjoy your day and be on top form tomorrow. X

Aaah thank you! Funny enough I need to get back into exercising too, makes me feel better in my body and head :) ........ enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Mondays plan:

B- raspberry and apple bircher

D- tom soup, detox salad (1.5 old points)

sn- strawberries, apples, banana

T- roasted veggies and something!

Detox salad serves 4, includes 350g red cabbage, 250g broccoli, 40g sunflower seeds (4points), 100g dried apricots (2points), 1 can of chickpeas, juice of 1 orange, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp olive oil, grated ginger. Huge bowl of salad, plenty to divide by 4 :)

Hi Gobolino. Sorry to hear you have had a few blips over the weekend but I am sure you will be back to it on Monday (your food plan sounds lovely). I tend to find if i reign myself in too closely thats when i rebel most. When I am just getting back into healthy mode I find having some indulgent but on plan meals planned really helps. That doesn't always mean richer or more calorie laden for me but sometimes a piece of meat or fish or some posh mushrooms that I would usually think is too expensive for an everday meal. It seems to help things seem more special and less of a punishment!

My weekend was a disaster from a diet point of view. My mother seems hell-bent on providing indulgent food and alcohol almost 24-7 when i visit while complementing my weight loss so far and saying how much she wishes she could lose weight herself. Arghhhh! But oddly it has made more determined than ever to knuckle down.

The aduki bean recipe would be great if you have time. All the ingredients sound very much up my street.

Thanks Atomic pink - yeah I know what you mean about having and onplan treat, thats definitely a good idea :) I do have some lovely salmon in the fridge that I am really looking forward to :) Hope you have a good week and recover from your mums feeding ;)

Here's the recipe, roughly how I did it:
tbsp oil
1 onion, peeled, chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped (I used more I think)
1 small squash, peeled and diced
carrot, peeled and diced
celery stick, trimmed and sliced
500ml boiling water
stock cube
adzuki beans (I used 2 tins)
medium leek, trimmed and sliced
2 tsp cornflour (not sure on the points!)
1 tbsp cold water
sweet potato or normal potato cut into 5mm slices

Sautee onion and garlic for 3 mins
Add the squash, carrot and celery and cook for 2 more mins
Pour water on the stock cube and pour over the onions and garlic
Bring to boil, then reduce and simmer for 10mins
Stir in leek and beans
Cook for 5 more mins
Add cornflour to the tbsp of cold water to form a paste then stir this into the veggie mix
Cook for a minute, stirring, till this all thickens a little
Remove from heat, pop in an ovenproof dish, arrange enough potato slices on top to cover
Brush top with olive oil, bake for 30mins 200 C
Enjoy :)

gobolino said:
Ok, I've just realised that the books I'm using are from when the plan was called SWITCH. So going on those points, here's my list of goodies for me to refer to:

For 1 point:
50g dried apricots
2 brazil nuts
10 cashew nuts
25g currants
10 hazelnuts
20g museli
1 oatcake
10g peanut butter!
10g pinenut kernels
10g poppy seeds
50g prunes
10g pumpkin seeds
30g raisins
8g sesame seeds
30g sultanas
10g sunflower seeds
9g walnut halves (or 3 walnut halves)

Sounds like a nice flapjack recipe :D

Haha! Loved that last bit! :D they all sound lush! like Becks, I'm ALWAYS having bad days but the key (for me anyway) is to get back on the wagon the following day. You will get there :) do try to be kind to yourself as well.

Planning is definitely key... xxx

Back