Gobolinos WW diary :)

Ah yes, after looking at the link i know what you're on about now. :) I hope your RSI gets better hun xxx

Ah yes, after looking at the link i know what you're on about now. :) I hope your RSI gets better hun xxx

Thanks, its soooooo annoying! Rest is the only thing to help so fingers crossed bank hols will help :)

4.5lbs in your first week is fantastic! Just saw that! X

Thanks! This week is a different kettle of fish, not as plain sailing as last week. Have used all my weeklies and nearly all my activity points so just really hoping to have a loss if possible ??!!??!!

Have made the scan bran choc muffins today so thought I'd post the recipe here. They work out at 2.66 points per muffin, I actually used 30g cocoa and 16g golden syrup for this batch. They are pretty fibrous :)

Low syn chocolate cake:
5 Scan Bran
3 beaten eggs
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1oz cocoa powder
½ mug sweetener

1. Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a microwavable bowl.
3. Microwave on high for 7 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
Tip: Chef's tip: For a free topping, pile with (defrosted) frozen forest fruits or top with chocolate spread (4½ Syns per tbsp).

It's just 11½ Syns for the whole cake and can be divided into as many portions as you like.

Did an hour of davina dvd today, 30mins core and 30mins cardiobox. I enjoyed it but its nowhere as difficult as the shred :D

gobolino said:
Did an hour of davina dvd today, 30mins core and 30mins cardiobox. I enjoyed it but its nowhere as difficult as the shred :D

Davina annoys me! So never bought her DVD!

Try
'ripped in 30'

It's the next level up from shred!
I love it!

I quite like davina DVDs but they are much easier than jillian michaels! Going to dig them out again as all the high impact cardio bits weren't doing my ankle any favours! X

I really like the Davina DVDs as well. I especially like the cardio box sessions. Not as tough as shred though, but sometimes you want something you enjoy rather than endure ;) (can you tell I am being stubborn and still haven't given up on the big weights with the lateral squat and arm raises on circuit 3?!)

Fingers crossed for your weigh in tomorrow.

What were the scanbran muffins like by the way? I have never tried them as anything sweet but for 2.6 PP I might be tempted as still have a pack or two in the cupboard.

Hey, I'm liking Davina and yes, its more enjoyable than the shred! I've done 6 days of shred so 4 days to go till the lateral raises and squats are done (although there is worse to come obviously! Nice one with the big weights AP, very impressive!).

Scan bran muffins are nice, pretty chocolatey for 2.6 pp and take a bit of eating too!

Well, in the weigh in news I lost half a pound :) Very pleased with that as this week was a little experiment in which I used all my weeklies and all of my activities apart from 6. So the experiment worked, this gives me confidence in using the weeklies now!!!

Have just come back from a food festival, so just warming up and recouperating :D

Good shredding and GREAT weigh in result - really well done, WW has been great for you hasn't it xx
Food festival sounds good, did you buy any naughties?!

Popped straight over here to check how your weigh in went - brilliant news on the loss. The previous week had you not used all of your weeklies then? Are you still planning on sticking to PP rather than SF/ core at the moment? It seems to be really suiting you at the moment :)

I too want to know about all the naughties (and not naughties) consumed at the food festival. I love food festivals and farmers markets and delis and things but its not financially or nutritionally safe for me to venture there without close supervision :whistle:. Where abouts was it? It has felt FREEZING today. We went up to south yorkshire to go walking and when I first stepped out of the car I couldn't stop shaking and was convinced that the only way I was going to avoid hyperthermia was to jog the 9 miles! Got warm pretty quickly once we got going up hill though but it did hail and sleet quite alot on us which I don't expect in May.

Well done on ur loss this wk, when u have a really good loss the wk b4 it's often followed by a little loss, but still in the right direction!

Thanks all, yep I'm really pleased with a half. My leader said she was glad too, ha ha! Basically she said 5lb over the two weeks means that the weight loss is just about settling to what it should be. Fingers crossed I can keep it up (just so used to sw where I was gaining and losing the same pound or two, so the next couple of weeks will really show if I'm better suited to ww).

So, here are my random nibblings from the food festival yesterday. Plenty of guess-work with points as things weren't your normal things you can look up and nothing was measured really.

Saturday:
Breakfast
2 toast 4pp
milk 1pp
oat bites (half a pack) 1pp
apple 0pp

At food festival, eaten over the course of the day!
Gin (1 shot or less!) 1pp
Broccoli and stilton soup 5pp
roll 4pp
tiny taste of cheese 1pp
empanada and 1/2 a Jamaican patti 8pp
chocolate coated sunflower seeds (quantity unknown!) 5pp
1 corn on the cob 2pp
yakult light 1pp

At home later:
wrap 4pp
60g mozzarella 4pp
jalapenos and peppers 0pp
salad 0pp

choc scan bran muffin and 70g total 0% 3pp
chai latte 2pp

46pp altogether (27 daily & 19 weeklies)
7pp activity points earnt

Sunday:
Breakfast:
1 egg 2pp
1 toast 2pp
oat bites 2pp
banana
milk 1pp

Lunch out: 12pp
salmon fillet, new pots, broccoli
piece of garlic bread
(eating out guide says 12pp for the salmon meal as it comes, but I had it without butter on the potatoes and without sauce, so I'm going to count 12 pp to include the piece of garlic bread too, hope this sounds ok ??)
cup of tea 0pp

At home:
chai latte 2pp
punnet of strawberries 0pp

Earnt 2pp, but hope to do some more walking soon.

Tea:
Not sure yet.

PS AP about the weeklies last week, I had used 39 weeklies and used no activity points. It'd be interesting to see if there's a real correlation between using them or not using them but for now I really dont want to obsess about them, because that'll turn into me wanting to use them all and more !!!

What bread r u having for ur brekkie? I no 2 x hovis slices r 5pp

What bread r u having for ur brekkie? I no 2 x hovis slices r 5pp

This morning was tesco everyday wholemeal sliced. I've popped it into the calculator to be sure as its pretty random the pp they all work out to be. I'd love to have the thick seedy sort but they'd eat into the points too much :)

PS AP about the weeklies last week, I had used 39 weeklies and used no activity points. It'd be interesting to see if there's a real correlation between using them or not using them but for now I really dont want to obsess about them, because that'll turn into me wanting to use them all and more !!!

Will be interested to know if it makes any real difference too. I am trying to only use my weekly points if I feel I need them or REALLY want something this week, rather than planning them into my menus and making sure I eat all of them.

Food festival nimbles sound lovely :) Might have to try the scan bran muffins tomorrow as well.

They're pretty easy. I made them using the recipe and splitting between a 6 muffin mold, its silicone and in the microwave takes just 5 mins :D

Good luck with the weeklies by the way!

Back