God loves a tryer!

Lolly78

So my first time posting but have been a lurker over the years. I'm so desperate to lose weight but can never seem to maintain my willpower beyond a few weeks! I lost almost 3st in 2012 but discovered I was expecting a (4th & final) bundle of joy. Slowly but surely the weight I lost, plus an extra stone is where I am now! Life is hectic, at least that's the excuse I appear to have used for the last 9 years! But I'm hoping that writing things down will help me to regain the mental strength I know it takes to keep on track. As Slimming World has worked for me before, I'm giving it another go, from home to start with. I'm just 2 days in and as much as it pains me to put in out there, I start at 17st 12lb. Ouch, that hurt! Hopefully, the only way is down.

Got to do this FOR ME!

Of course we can Jackie! For me, if I'm not in the right frame of mind, I fail pretty much at the first hurdle. Something feels like it's clicked again this time. I haven't really thought about food I normally crave. For me it's having a Chinese after a long day, or snacking on crisps instead of preparing lunch. I just have to make the time with no excuses! There is no excuse!

Keep positive, we will get there x

I am the same i used 2 blame havin a bad day and couldnt b bothered cookin so take away it was!!! Thankfully infeel the sane my heads in it 100% this time phew!!!

So hopefully I'll get back into some sort of routine/normality now the festive season is over and the kids are back to school! I'm going to really miss them but it's nice to have a bit of calm and peace around the house lol. There's not too much of it though with a 2 year old tornado here with me.
I bought an air fryer with my xmas money and have so far enjoyed trying it out. I'm going to look for some other ideas later so I can have variety.
So this is day 4 and I have not cheated once so far - yay! Sounds a bit pathetic to be happy about such a short period of time, but being good and staying focused with 4 kids (under 9), and a hubby is not always easy, plenty of temptation!

xxx

So hopefully I'll get back into some sort of routine/normality now the festive season is over and the kids are back to school! I'm going to really miss them but it's nice to have a bit of calm and peace around the house lol. There's not too much of it though with a 2 year old tornado here with me.
I bought an air fryer with my xmas money and have so far enjoyed trying it out. I'm going to look for some other ideas later so I can have variety.
So this is day 4 and I have not cheated once so far - yay! Sounds a bit pathetic to be happy about such a short period of time, but being good and staying focused with 4 kids (under 9), and a hubby is not always easy, plenty of temptation!

xxx
well done for being focused and stayin on target :)

Well things went a little pear shaped! I was 100% on track for the full first week, came to weigh in and hadn't lost 1oz let alone a 1lb! The old frustration came back as in, why bother? I've been controlled and focused and not made any progress anyway. It's so disheartening. Anyway, I then had a few 'treats' in the days that followed (beef chow mein, Sunday roast kind of treats).

So I grit my teeth today and start again at exactly the same point as 1st Jan. It had occurred to me that it could have been water retention inhabiting a loss as it was my totm last week. I'm going to keep writing everything down in my food log and see how I go......

it is frustrating isnt it? when u think uv done well...
is there anythin you could change? like number of syns or portions or nefin?
keep it up anyways - u do tend to weigh heavier when its totm so blame it on that x

Hi Jackie

Thanks for checking in on me. I'm still plodding along with it, still feeling positive. I will weigh in tomorrow so if there's no loss, I'll be stumped lol.

How are you getting on?

Xx

Well a loss of 3lb! I'm a bit disappointed but it's something. And it'll keep me motivated to keep going.

I think one of my biggest problems generally is impatience, but definately when it comes to weight loss. I need to see change on the scales to keep motivated. I have to learn that it won't always happen, but that shouldn't mean me giving in. That's when I have to grit my teeth and get on with it instead of becoming negative and disheartened.

I've been doing well with snacking on fruit etc and I'm not really missing anything apart from Beef Chow Mein lol.

So, I currently weigh in at 17st 9lb (that figure really makes me feel ashamed).

Its hard not to feel disappointed but thats 3 lbs lighter than you were last week I'm a similar weight and have lost 4 lbs over 2 weigh ins, i just keep thinking if i don't carry on where will i be next year, every bit helps. Are you going to class or doing it alone? Maybe you can write down what you are eating so we can see if we notice anything that might help. Dont give up were all in this togethet x

I've got nothing to say really, but just popped in to say I love the title of your diary,and know exactly where you are coming from.

Back