GOD SAKE!!!!!!!!

Hezz123

xxx

Last edited:
I was losing faith in CCing on my own so have joined WW for a bit of moral support as a couple of my mates go. I feel like I've got a 'second wind' so to speak, just from the fresh start even though it's pretty similar to CCing anyway.

A 5lb gain isn't too bad, I put on 11lbs in 4 weeks over summer!

Best Wishes for getting back on track!

MP x

A packet of crisps and some chocolate wafers eh? It's a set back, sure, but you've done well and the occasional set back does not undermine all your hard work, so don't give up!

Get all crisps, chocolate and other junk food out of the house. If your family/household have a problem with that, tell them, firstly, to get ****ed, and secondly, to walk to a shop and buy an individual item when they want junk food... you burn half the calories on the way!

Agree with the above. WW is good if you have a wee chocoholic monster. You can still indulge that albeit modestly. And the classes are good for the moral support. You're not a failure, just human. I don't think there will be many people on here who haven't lost weight and gained it again. Me being the champion of that!! You won't be at it forever. I've kinda come to the point where if I have a blip, so what! It doesn't make you a bad person. Get back on the dieting train the next day. Really hope you get there and keep posting and getting support, it really does help. xxxx

Everyone has blips, it's usually getting on the scales and realising I'm going backwards which strengthens my resolve again. I just remind myself how important this is to me, more important than a chocolate bar that's for sure!

I don't know if this is bad dieting advice, but I keep less naughty versions of my favourite foods in case I feel tempted- low fat chocolate mousse and baked crisps. Most of the time the others in the house eat them for me, but if I feel naughty at least I'm not doing too much damage to my diet!

I don't know if this is bad dieting advice, but I keep less naughty versions of my favourite foods in case I feel tempted- low fat chocolate mousse and baked crisps. Most of the time the others in the house eat them for me, but if I feel naughty at least I'm not doing too much damage to my diet!

I agree with that. It's good to still have those things you enjoy from time to time. If you deny yourself, you're more likely to lose heart and possibly go back to old eating habits. Don't make it something you loathe doing, it will be so much harder to stick to that way.

I dont think what you have done is wrong hun everything in modoeration the worst thing is to deny yourself things becasue then your going to go for them and binge

thanks guys. im doing better today, which is great considering i usally use saturdays and sundays as an excuse to eat like a pig!!not going to weigh myself again for 2 weeks, and hopefully i will have lost lots and can pretend this never happened!! ;)

thanks guys. im doing better today, which is great considering i usally use saturdays and sundays as an excuse to eat like a pig!!not going to weigh myself again for 2 weeks, and hopefully i will have lost lots and can pretend this never happened!! ;)

You should try and learn from the experience rather than trying to forget it.

Well done on your loss so far and don't let this setback drag you down.

If you're interested there's a great book called The Beck Solution by Dr Judith Beck which is essentially psychological support for dieting. It has exercises to strengthen resolve, reinforce positive thinking and to help you get on, re-start and stay on your diet and it works with any diet. It might be just what you need.

~Silence~

Hey, whatever it was that you ate, at least you are starting again and moving forward, right? It's so easy, especially this time of year, to not start again, or to put it off. x

I dont think you should feel guilty for having a little treat, I do every weekend lol I think you should praise yourself for how far you have already come and make your diet fun again, you may find thats all you need to do to get yourself back in the right frame of mind, good luck x :)

thanks guys, im back on track now, back to the weight i was before it all went wonky!!! and i WILL be 14st by christmas yaaaaay!!! The thing is, i feel sooooo much healthier when i eat good things, so i dont know why i feel the need to stuff my face with rubbish anyway??? all psychological??? xx

The thing is, i feel sooooo much healthier when i eat good things, so i dont know why i feel the need to stuff my face with rubbish anyway??? all psychological??? xx

I'm exactly the same Hezz. The junk food makes me feel crap, yet I still want to eat it. Old habits die hard???

Well done for getting back on track so quickly!!!

~Silence~

Silence is right - really, it's psychological. You associate junk food with relaxing, so you enjoy it when you relax. I've lived in three different countries and I can tell you that what tastes good in junk food has a big cultural component. It's why things like prawn cocktail crisps would never take off in the US, or why really hot, very lemony chilli lemon peanuts might struggle a bit in the UK.

Of course, these companies pour millions into finding formulas that make their food taste as good as it possibly can to your particular palate...

You know, it's so good to hear how much happier you sound in your latest post, especially compared to how down you were in your first. :)

:grouphugg:

Some great advice here! I am so glad I joined, well done to you for getting back on track, sometimes it is hard and sometimes it is even harder.

I know how you feel, I have really vivid dreams, and can actually wake up and then go back to dreaming about the same thing....it can really effect how you think about things and people in your real waking life...
However...it is just a dream, based on things you may unconsciously think, but that aren't really attached to the true situation in real life....

As for your friend, I have been too skinny in the (distant!) past, and when she is being paranoid about her own figure I think it is very unlikely that she judges you the same way, as when in that mindset it is only your own perceived faults that you see, and not applied to other people. Actually when I was a size 8 I used to be envious of my size 22 friend who seemed much more confident and glamourous than me!

I think all this dream is really saying is that you should be a bit kinder in the way you think about yourself :hug99:

Munkypooh is right... how you perceive yourself is different to how other people see you.
Don't be too hard on yourself Hezz.

~Silence~

Back