Going away for a few days - ideas to stay on plan please

Acceber

Hi

I'm trying to get a bit organised here & get my head round how I'm going to cope with this & try to stay on plan. My husband & I are taking our daughters away to London for a few days at the end of the month. We are staying in a hotel for two nights & will be out & about in London during the days. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for how I can stay on plan (or at least not fall too far off the wagon!) while I'm away.

I have thought of the following but would be grateful for any other ideas anyone may have to help me out.

*save most of my syns for when I'm away
*fruit for breakfast, wholemeal toast, poached egg - any other thoughts?

No idea what to do about other meals - I haven't braved eating out as I've only been on the plan for a fortnight.

All suggestions will be gratefully received! I'd like room for a few glasses of wine here & there if at all possible!

Rebecca

I went to London 3 years ago for a hen party. During the day I did well, I had a nice healthy breakfast at the hotel and out and about I had things like jacket potato with beans or a steak with jacket potato etc.
Then used my syns at night to enjoy a few beers. xxx

I had a nice healthy breakfast at the hotel and out and about I had things like jacket potato with beans or a steak with jacket potato etc.
Then used my syns at night to enjoy a few beers. xxx

Thanks for the tips :) Will be doing my best to stay on plan but want to enjoy myself too so as long as I get back on it 100% when I get home, I won't beat myself up :)

Thanks again

Rebecca

Places like Nando's are good, salad, chicken in pitta (just syn pitta)

My willpower when I go out, dissolves around booze! Good Luck & Have a wonderful time :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Places like Nando's are good, salad, chicken in pitta (just syn pitta)

My willpower when I go out, dissolves around booze! Good Luck & Have a wonderful time :)

Thanks for the nandos tip :) Never really eaten there so might have to give it a go! And I know what you mean about the booze, but I won't be having that much anyway as with the kids, so should stay on the straight & narrow there!

Rebecca

I have the same dilemma next month as we are going to Brighton for 5 days! I'm guessing that most of my syns will be consumed on alcohol so I need to try and choose wisely with my food! Easier said than done when my hubby will want to go for an Indian and an Italian! x

Hi,

Email the hotel you will be staying in and ask them to email you back menu's for the hotel so you can check them before hand to see what will suit.
For breakfast have a large bowl of fruit, even maybe two bowls, and poached eggs are always good
For dinner always ask for salad/vegetables without dressing as they often put butter on their cooked vegetables.
Ask for dressings/sauces on the side for all meat type dishes
Bring some alpen lights etc in your handbag for times when you might be out and about
Above all enjoy yourself you dont get away too often so dont get too hung up on the food end of things, remember you will probably be doing loads of walking and maybe even swimming if there is a pool in the hotel

Hi,

Above all enjoy yourself you dont get away too often so dont get too hung up on the food end of things, remember you will probably be doing loads of walking and maybe even swimming if there is a pool in the hotel

Thanks for all the advice, particularly that last bit. It makes a lot of sense & like you say, going away doesn't exactly happen all the time.

I appreciate all the support from everyone, thank you.

Rebecca

I agree with Trishka, Try your best but you're only human! As long as it doesn't slide into weeks off plan like I sometimes do, bugger all willpower :)

Back