going back on the pill can ne1 help?

juicygooseface

♥juicy♥
hello there just looking for some advice really :) im going back on the contraceptive pill when i next come on, and im worried it may affect my weight loss does anybody kno anything about it? the pill is called microgynon and its supposed to help bad skin and bad pmt (lol) but im worried about the weight loss side of it :confused: thanku in advance for ne help :) xxxxx

I'm on that one, although I have to get the brand 'Ovranette' from the Dr because Microgynon works differently for me. I've had no symptoms at all, weight loss is achievable & the pill doesn't affect it at all.

just bear in mind you'll get some replies from people like me, who have had nothing but good experiences with this pill & some from people with negative experiences. You will react the way you are designed to react so really the only way to find out if it affects your weight loss is to try it :)

As long as you're mindful about what you eat then you should be ok. From what I understand, the pill doesn't actually make you gain weight, but it can increase your appetite. Maybe for the first couple of months, while your body is adjusting, keep a food diary so you can justify any weight gains/losses.

I hope your experience is like mine.. I wouldn't go on anything else.

Of course, I would suggest that if you are prescribed Microgynon then you should get that every time instead of swapping from that to Ovranette like my Drs made me. They thought I was mad to think there was a difference, but there really is! (It's the same for most meds.. My brother is on a particular brand of epilepsy drug & he can't take the generic version because the composition is slightly different)

Im on femodene and ive had no problems with my weight loss but ive been on it for 4 years so well before i started sw so my body was probably used to it anyway but i dont think you should have any problems dont bank me on it tho :) x

wow just realies uve lost 6 stone thats immense! xxx

and thanku lauratrev :) xx

I lasted all of six weeks on microgynon, any longer and I may have actually killed someone. I also lost very little weight, but that seems normal for me

haha so shud i look out for murderous thoughts? lol i was actually on microgynon years ago, when i got pregnant with my daughter.. *cough* lol xxx

thanks for the help everyone :) im sure ill be ok i will just have to deal with it :)xxxx

Back