Going back to Cambridge?

Plumjuice

Banned
Hi all,

Ive been really struggling with S&S for the last couple of weeks and have put ON about 4lbs. I just cant seem to get my head around it at all, but I think I have come to the conclusion that my problem is self disipline and the fear of getting weighed. I think because Im not being officially weighed by a consultant, Im just giving myself excuse after excuse not to worry about it whereas when I was on CD before, I would stick to it purely out of fear of letting my CDC down!!!
Im thinking of going back to CD but only doing 2 of the cd shakes per day and having a S&S meal per day too?? I might just say to my cdc that Im doing the 1000 plan so they dont bollock me about mixing diets!!!! Cost is an issue too so thought I would bulk buy some S&S meals and then pay £28 pw for 14 CD shakes and a weigh in etc

Do you think what I am saying is ok??

HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

that sounds fine if you think it would help but do you think the CDC would realise you weren't on the 1000 plan by your losses? and would it really stop you snacking as they think you're on a higher plan and so aren't expecting the big losses?
I think we all must do whatever helps us with these plans!!!!

What about getting someone else to weigh you each week - think there's another ex CDer doing that on here

Best of luck whatever you decide to do x

I dont really have anyone to weigh me and to be honest, if a friend or relative were to do it, Im not sure it would have the same effect as a CDC.....hummmm can you lose 3lbs per week on a 1000 diet?

Plus because S&S is designed to have 4 packs per day and CD is designed to have 2, you run the risk of being low on vitamins and minerals so would need to take a multi vitamin.

Plumjuice said:
I dont really have anyone to weigh me and to be honest, if a friend or relative were to do it, Im not sure it would have the same effect as a CDC.....hummmm can you lose 3lbs per week on a 1000 diet?

My mum weighs me. I think that's even more effective than a stranger. Let's face it for a CDC it's business. I feel I'm letting myself down and letting my mum down if I don't get a good result

Both my parents are dead, Im only 26 :(
I dont have any close family other than my grandparents and I really dont want to drag them into my weight loss mess!
Ho hum, will have a word with my old cdc and see if he will take me back first!!! I know I will be ok with having 2 cd shakes and 1 s&s meal per day with a multi vit

My hubby weighs me n it does encourage me to carry on as he is very supportive n always gives me a kiss n a cuddle n says a big well done sweetheart! That's enough for me to carry on!
Am a bit sloppy ;-)

go to your local boots or other large pharmacy , im sure they do health checks , i know I used to go to my local pharmacy when I was trying to give up smoking and they used to make me blow into something to measure my carbon monoxide levels , like the headmasters office

im sure they would weigh you each week , would that help ?

scrap that idea, had a look and they do a weight loss programme but expect you to lose half to 1lb per week so they wouldnt be impressed if you had big losses

Hi plumjuice i did CD last october for 8 weeks i did 3 a day of CD products & 1 S&S product (spag bol usually) i never said anything to the consultant and she & I were quite happy at my weigh ins. I know what you mean about not giving in as easily when your on CD because you don't want to face the consultant if you cheat lol so you tend to stay on track. I fell off the wagon a couple of weeks ago re-started s&s today so yesterday it did cross my mind whether i should go back to CD.Good Luck with what you decide.

I dont really want to do 3 cd shakes and 1 ss meal as the cost creeps up a little then and being a single mum every penny counts!
I think I will push my luck and see if I can get away with being on 1000 plan and hope my losses dont go above 3lbs per week (cant believe I just said that!!!!) x

Neverenfingdiet, I love your profile pic! Am mad about dogs, I've got 2 boxers n they r my babie ;-)

Plumjuice would it help it you were answering to us. It you were to weigh in here and we could be there for you to either send big hugs when you do well and kick you up the *ss when your not lol. You could put on what your having every day and we could try to support you. You could try it for a week or two - it would be cheaper than going back to cd

Back