Going crazy....

Gillyii

Right, here's my "dilemma" LOL. Have have lost very little last 2 weeks, have been really trying this weeks (though I did last 2 weeks too) Anyway Have only had 6 syns all week which was a hifi bar the other night. I know I should be eating my syns but have just been super healthy this week. I have a Peanut butter Kitkat chunky up in the cupboard SCREAMING at me. (that time of the month) I know I can eat it LOL just know that if I don't lose on Monday night I will blame that poor ol KitKat LOL!!!!! I will be gutted... Eeek:sigh:

Having that few syns throughout your week will actually hinder your losses rather than help them. I would have the kit kat! X

Really! I'm still learning with it all, just when I was being so super healthy I thought I won't have then for the sake of having them. SO I actually will do better having them? This is music to my ears. It doesn't compute in my head though.. Thanks for your reply x

ScarlettStar86 said:
Having that few syns throughout your week will actually hinder your losses rather than help them. I would have the kit kat! X

I only have roughly 5 syns a day and feel guilty for having anymore. How does it work better taking in more calories? Can't work it out lol. Surely the less you consume the more you lose?? Am I being thick lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sw is designed to be a low calorie diet without actually couting the calories. The free foods are low calorie, low fat but keep you full. The syns are there to stop you feeling deprived for one thing, but if you cut them out you are further reducing your calorie intake. If you consistently don't use them then you are taking in very few calories which actually can have the opposite effect and prevent your body from losing weight as it goes into a kind of "starvation mode".
I've seen loads of times at group people using no syns thinking it will help and actually consistently maintaining. When they used the syns again they had a great loss.
You would never try not to have any free food would you? It's an important part of the plan. Syns are an equally important part of the plan so they should be used.

Ahh that explains it then. I never looked at if that way, thank you very much for explaining it for me. I think I should have more syns now and blummin well enjoy them

Thanks again xx

I'm off to put on the kettle & get that KitKat Chunky :D Cheers for advice! I'm so eating my syns now! Shame these things aren't stressed to you at groups (well mine anyway) x

I haven't got a kit kat lol. I will be having chocolate tomorrow's now though

My consultant always stresses that there are 3 parts of the plan and the only way for the plan to work is if you have all 3 elements, free food, HE and at LEAST 5 syns a day.

By the way how many syns are in the kit kat peanut butter - I love them but have been avoiding them, but may need to indulge in 1 if they are not too bad x

After googling the syn value, they were coming up 12 or 13 syns, I have counted 13, A LOT but was so worth it LOL, not an everyday indulgence! Enjoyed every bite :D x

I think 13 syns for a nice chocolate bar is fair enough. I have a few in a tin which are between 10 and 13 syns. They're a nice treat when you haven't used any other syns the rest of the day

Gillyii said:
After googling the syn value, they were coming up 12 or 13 syns, I have counted 13, A LOT but was so worth it LOL, not an everyday indulgence! Enjoyed every bite :D x

I think they were 267 cals which isn't bad at all for a peanut butter choc bar!!!

They are too amazing, I'm not usually a chocolate person at all, I prefer crisps, crackers, popcorn etc, but since I tasted these I have become hooked! Literally a few months ago before I started SW, I would have had no shame in having one with a cuppa during the day & another at night with a cuppa LOL! Talk goin down the wrong road LOL

I think I will be having one of these 13 syns is really great cos they are amazing!

I love peanut butter kitkats. I tend to not have any high syn treats though because I can't trust myself with them!

Back