Going for the big TT !!

Best of luck to you sweetie - I'm sure you'll be fine re the TT and SSing.

How exciting that you'll have a flat stomach for summer!!

I can only dream lol!

(erm of me having one, not dreaming of yours teehee!)

xxxxxxxxx

Best of luck with the Op Mike. I have had a similar weight loss and have the same problems. I,too,have tried everything to shrink the loose skin,apart from voodoo and dancing naked at dawn(but only because it's so feckin cold this far north).I have a bad back and one of the exercises I am supposed to do regularly is to get on all four and arch my back....unfortunately when I look between my arms I look like Jordan will in 50 years time and after her implants have evaporated.Saggy tits and bingo wings at my age..shouldn't be allowed.

Alex

Hi Mike,

Congratulations on the op!

I've had several skin removal procedures and the ETT was the best - both for results and ease of recovery.

Everyone has different experiences, this was mine...I hope yours goes as smoothly!

My consultant told me that I would be in a lot of pain when I woke up after the op - but I couldn't feel a thing! I thought perhaps it would kick in when the anaesthetic wore off - I waited, and waited, but it was only ever 'slightly uncomfortable' - never painful. Yippee!

He also told me I'd need 3 to 4 weeks off work. I could only book 2 off (told the boss I was going on holiday you see!) I figured that if I wasn't well enough to go back after that I could get signed off sick for another week or two - but I was fine (I do only sit at a desk all day though!).

I did walk like an old lady for a week or so though as it feels a bit weird/scary to stand up totally straight for a while!

My scar is very long (reaches round to the back by about 4 inches each side) and it's not pretty - but as trade offs go I think I did the right thing!

Really hope all goes well for you!

BTW - your blog was great reading and a real inspiration!

Well been looking at before and after photos and getting more information on the op!

Some good pictures at Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Pictures - Before & After Photos

(Please note some of these obviously have nudity in them!)

I notice that about 95% of people having the operation are female but a few of the male pictures looked pretty good afterwards!!

Other good info I found at :-

Abdominoplasty

Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Information and Photos - iEnhance.com

Abdominoplasty - Tummy Tucks Information, Costs, Risks, Surgery

Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Information and Photos (good images at the bottom)

Tummy Tuck Information at PlasticSurgery.com – View Before and After Pictures of Tummy Tuck

Male Tummy Tuck – Abdominoplasty Information for Men (Male site but weak)

M.

Oh dammit! I wish I hadn't looked at those pics now - I WANT ONE!!!!

Even though, I've got a bit of a feminist thingy going on that makes me worry about the pursuit of beauty etc etc, that's gone out the window and I LONG to have a stomach like the women in the pics!!

AARGH!!!

xxx

11192ucapjsqt2k.gif

you have got this far and the tt will be the final chapter
well done you have done great through your journey
wishing you lots of luck for the op
kaz :D

Ice

Good luck for the op - I'm sure you'll do great back on CD.

Cath

Hiya Sonk!

Not starting till Sunday as I have been in Florida for the past two weeks (hence I haven't been posting much!!) but I am now at the airport so will be home within a few hours (major downer today!)

M.

Fab news Ice! I'm not adverse to a bit of nip and tuck myself (lower body lipo last year). And as you say, there aint nothing you can do about loose skin if you have any quantity of it.

Well done for getting it on the NHS, but frankly if they had said no, it would have been a case of 'whadda they want - blood?'

You've done your bit, let them finish the job.

Well done. Good luck.

Good Luck Ice! Will be following this thread with interest as there is no doubt I will need one - NHS or Private.

Jealous as hell you;ve been in Florida again :( Hope you had a brilliant time - then again you were in Florida so goes without saying xx

Hope your holiday in Florida has been great. And so pleased you are going to have the rest of your journey finished in the next few weeks.
Irene xx

Just want to say all the best for the op and hats off to ya for ssing again - I think it's amazing that you have kept the weight off all this time!
I don't post much but I peek and read alot! My posts would be just moan moan moan so I just don't bother - still trying to get back into ssing myself but finding the willpower is very difficult for many reasons!

Cheers susan

Good luck with starting the ssing today. :)

I have no doubt you'll be able to do it, but just remember that it's only a short term thing and is for a particular goal - it'll be well worth it if it gives you better results!

It's an interesting one though - not something i've heard before, but i'll certainly be keeping it in mind!

Jo x

Hello!

Well doing absolutely fine (apart from I am so jetlagged that my eyes can't stay open).

Have drunk 4 litres of water, and just had 2 packs and will have two more later on before getting an early night!

M.

Well 2nd day back on SS !! It is definately harder that 2nd time around as you haven't got that initial enthusiasm that you have the first time round.

Also I think the fact I am still near enough at goal weight means I kind of look in the mirror and think "do I need to lose anymore?" but I definately want the best result from the tummy tuck and hence I shall do as I am told!!

So anyway feeling ok today!! Very jetlagged so living more on black coffee that water to keep me awake at my desk. Have come back to work to a major problem and people wanting to take my head off at the shoulders so kind of struggling to stay awake while fighting my corner!!

M.

Back