Going from Slimfast to Weight Watchers?

laurawalker85

Hi All,

I have been doing the SF diet for the past 6 weeks and have so far lost 9lbs BUT its taking its toll and am struggling with having sweet shakes all the time. I do know there is a new Pro Points plan which I have heard gives you more points than the old BUT my main question is does this increase the calories. Going from around 1200 cals a day I dont want to increase drastically by doing WW and have like 2000cals.
Has anyone else gone from a meal replacement diet? Or can anyone tell me around how many cals WW lead you to have a day? I'm hoping to go to a class tonight but wanted to find out some more info here before I did.
Thank you x

The calories arn't drastically different - it looks like you get more points, but the things you eat have a higher point value compared to the old point system. It's designed to help you make smarter choices e.g. Protein being low in points because our body works harder to digest and your recommended portion size of fruit is 0. It's similar to the old plan but takes into account other nutritional values. Hope that helps!

Thank you. I worked out that my pp allowance would be 31, today I've so far had 10 and I'm struggling to have the 21 more!! Lol. But I think that's me just getting used to eating in the day again.

With regards to the extra 49 treats points each week, is this something that has to be used or is it possible to stick to just your daily allowance? Also if you did decide to dip into the treat allowance do you have to use all of it, or whatever is necessary for you?

Thanks xx

The 49 weeklies can be used as you see fit (or not used!), I try to use as many as possible, because when my weight loss slows, I can cut them down :)

Back