Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Going gym but no weight loss why?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Rosebud, 18 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I started going to the gym this week but haven't lost any weight. In fact I've put on 4lbs. I am sticking to the diet and I'm Still in ketosis so wats going on. I've been told muscle weighs more than fat but I've only been to the gym 3 tyms, is dat enough to make me put on 4lbs of muscle weight?
    Help !

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I wouldn't have though so, you should post what you are eating so we can critique it love.

4. andi

andi Bye bye bellies!!!

Diet:
    JUDD
    Hi Rose
    Im no expert but it sounds like water retention or hormone changes to me. I can gain 3lbs overnight at certain times of the month and it goes again a few days later. Hang in there!

Ax

5. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Muscles need glycogen to work efficiently so you may be retaining water and a bit of carbs to provide that glycogen. This will mean that you weigh more.

Fluid levels fluctuate a lot on Atkins so don't be too worried at this stage! Very early days, yet.

Good luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.