Going in again for an operation...

icemoose

The Diet Guy
Well I had my tummy tuck back in June 2007 and to be honest it still doesn't look good, it is still swollen, still totally dead numb and the scar is yet to even start to heal properly.

Anyway going back in on August 29th to have one side refinished as the dog ear is not good at all and looks a right mess.

Hoping to only be off work for a week this time as I can't wear clothes round my middle due to pressure but they are going to look at the middle at the same time as the swelling/scar tissue hasn't changed and should have by now.

M.

Aw darling hope it all goes well for you.

Oh, by the way, just seen you on "Golden Balls" well done. Lovely to see peeps share and you were soooooo honest lol x x x

Well im sure its safe to say we'll all be thinking about you.. and hope you make a speedy recovery..

x x

good luck ice, hope it all goes better than the last op and you get the result you want.xx

scary stuff. will you be able to get any feeling back in it?

Saw the consultant a couple of weeks ago, he said 2 years is when you can say that is as good as it will get.

I have no feeling from my belly button down about 4 inches and 8 inches across so quite a rectangle, not just a bit numb!! It is like totally dead numb, you can stick a pin in it and I wouldn't have a clue!

M.

my tums like that after 2 c sections. 1st 13yrs ago 2nd 3yrs ago.

I have to say I am only going in because this is a local anaesthetic and the consultant is adamant he can make it a lot better with little pain.

I still stand by that I wish I had never had it done! I was looking for something that was never going to happen.

I had loose skin which I hated and I replaced it with a 19 inch scar which I hated, therefore was never going to get the six pack or a normal looking tummy.

Now I am happy with what I have as that is just me but if I could turn back the clock I would definately never have it done again.

just seen this mike, I had a full tummy tuck 12 years ago at Queen Marys London, I've still got dog ears at the side and I even pierced my own belly button because it was and still is around the navel, they were supposed to not only cut from side to side but horizontally as well, but they didnt in the end and that area is where I have a major problem now, from navel to pubic line is still really flat after all these years, worst bit was the drains at the sides of the long wound and when they pull the out .....ouch!!!

sue x

I have to say I am only going in because this is a local anaesthetic and the consultant is adamant he can make it a lot better with little pain.

I still stand by that I wish I had never had it done! I was looking for something that was never going to happen.

I had loose skin which I hated and I replaced it with a 19 inch scar which I hated, therefore was never going to get the six pack or a normal looking tummy.

Now I am happy with what I have as that is just me but if I could turn back the clock I would definately never have it done again.

That's an interesting point Mike as I have a few clients who are worried about loose skin and wondered about have a TT. TBH I have wrinkly skin on my belly from having 3kids, but when clothed no-one knows .... so think I will put up with it!

Every good wish for the forthcoming op and hope your consultant is right and he can make it better for you.

Hi Mike, I hope your second operation helps it must be awful to have pain in that area. I remember a couple of years ago, going to have my wisdom tooth out and they messed it up and cut one of the nerves, to this day, I've had pain in my jaw and will have forever more! Bloody NHS!!!!!!!

Good luck Mike - hope all goes well for you.....wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Debz x

good luck with the op

Hope it goes well for you hun xx

Good luck Mike, hope you get it sorted once and for all. I'm hoping for a TT next year, I have a really bad overhang. I'm sorry to hear the op didn't meet your expectations, that's a worry I have too. I thought by losing weight I'd be happy with my body, but I'm not and feel that getting rid of this overhang will make me feel better about myself. Perhaps I shouldn't build up my hopes that a TT will be the complete answer.

Did your plastic surgeon tell you that the op wouldn't meet your expectations, or is it the through various complications that you didn't get the result you wanted?

Sorry for all the Q's

To be frank the consultant just looked at my loose skin and said it would never get any better and hence best thing was to take it off.

I set my own expectations then in terms of being "normal", the reality was I was going in search of something I could never of had which is the tummy of someone who had never been overweight and stretched their skin.

Would have liked a reality check really but gave that to myself once I had it done really!

Mike

Good luck mike, hope it works out matey xx

To be frank the consultant just looked at my loose skin and said it would never get any better and hence best thing was to take it off.

I set my own expectations then in terms of being "normal", the reality was I was going in search of something I could never of had which is the tummy of someone who had never been overweight and stretched their skin.

Would have liked a reality check really but gave that to myself once I had it done really!

Mike

I think perhaps I'm looking for that tummy too. I have been obese for more than 10 years and had 2 kids, so even with a TT It's notgoing to be the washboard I want it to be.

Thanks for the info and helping me realise I'm not gonna get the tummy I want.

Back