Going in for op on my eyes anyone had this ...

mandye

Silver Member
I am going in for an op on Thursday as a day paitient .
I have xanthelasma on my eyelids had them for at least 15 years .They are deposites of cholesterol or fatty substance but are not considered harmful .I have had a fight to get them removed but after one doctor telling me I was too ugly to have cosmetic surgery wtf I saw the top man who has agreed to do the op ,so maybe I will thank the pr**k doc as he did me a favour lol.
I do realise that cosmetic surgery is a drain on the nhs but when you have lumps on both your eyelids which pull them down and when really knackered I can see the lumps from the corner of my eye they are more than just looks related .
I know that these are more common in people who have high choleterol but up until 7 months ago I didnt have a problem ,having now addressed my diet I am back to having low readings again.
Anyway has anyone else had these removed what happens ect only known I was been put on list 4 weeks ago and got a cacelation place for thursday so not been back to eye surgeon to ask questions .But I rather get it done than wait 6 month /year on list .
Feeling good about them going but starting to get nervous about op .

So will it be just local anesetic
Can I come home on bus or will I need someone with me
Is it a quick op
Will I be alright to work next day by 11 oclock
Do I need to get my 10 year old to her grans for the night lol think might do this anyway could go out for meal if feel ok xx

Well done on all your hard work what an arrogant, ignorant fellow you had the misfortune to meet.
You are entitled to have what YOU need and think how much you have saved the NHS in the future as you have got your weight and health on the right track.
I hope all goes well, i think its advisable to have someone with you or at least to collect you as having eyes done can leave you with blurred vison after any procedure as they tend to put drops in for most procedures even to test them.
Any way Good luck and again well done.I am sure all will work out Fine:vibes:

well morrow is D Day borrowed a dressing gown and planned a busy day so I dont dwell on it .Have been up for couple of hours now ,silly really as I know that its just an easy quick op and will be home morrow night but these things play on your mind .Think Im going to Leeds for some shopping and the got my food shop to do and dds play tonight so wont have time to think about it till bed time then will be that sleepy wont care lol
.Or thats the plan xxx

Back